Another empty promise? Barbra Streisand “thinking” about moving to Canada if GOP wins the House

Bye-bye Babs?

Well, that’s an incentive to vote GOP!

And how come these Hollyweird-types never threaten to move south of the border?

From Fox News: Barbra Streisand is once again thinking about leaving the United States for political reasons.

In a Tuesday interview with the New York Times, the 76-year-old star admitted that she’s considering moving to Canada if the Democrats don’t win the House in the midterms next week.

“I want to sleep nights, if we take the House I’ll be able to sleep a little bit better,” Streisand told the outlet, adding that if they don’t take control she’s been “thinking about” a potential move.

“I’ve been thinking about, do I want to move to Canada? I don’t know. I’m just so saddened by this thing happening to our country.

“It’s making me fat,” she continued. “I hear what he said now, and I have to go eat pancakes now, and pancakes are very fattening. We make them with healthy flour, though — almond flour, coconut flour.”

This isn’t the first time Streisand has said she’s considering leaving the United States. Before the 2016 election, the singer-actress echoed the same sentiment.

“He has no facts. I don’t know, I can’t believe it. I’m either coming to your country [Australia], if you’ll let me in, or Canada,” she said according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Last month, Streisand released her first album — “Walls” — since 2005, which contains a track that directly speaks to President Donald Trump and voices her distaste for what his administration is doing to America and the world at large. “I just went ballistic,” she told The Associated Press at the time.

The track titled “Don’t Lie to Me” contains lyrics aimed at Trump such as: “How do you sleep when the world keeps turning?/All that we built has come undone/How do you sleep when the world is burning?/Everyone answers to someone.”

I just can’t stand what’s going on,” the Oscar, Grammy and Emmy winner continued.  “His assault on our democracy, our institutions, our founders — I think we’re in a fight. … We’re in a war for the soul of America.

1 year ago

Is this woman so over-the-top narcissistic that she actually thinks anyone gives a fig if she leaves the U.S.?

How many times has she made this empty threat? We all know that the only way she’d ever leave is when she assumes room temperature. On second thought, Streisand won’t do that even when she croaks because her rotten and rotting carcass will be buried in the U.S., probably in Forest Lawn or another L.A. cemetery.

Dan
Dan
1 year ago

Dostoevsky wrote a short story, Bobok, about a man taking a break in a cemetery who all of a sudden hears voices from the ground coming from vicious creeps like Babs, so vile in life that their corpses kept up that era’s PC chattering even as they were rotting in the grave, until there was nothing left but a gurgling sound something like “Bobok, bobok…” She’ll probably go out cursing white America, the obvious animus motivating her hatred of a proxy Trump, and exhibiting that disgusting ingratitude her kind is famous for. Also, calling that nasal honking of hers singing… Read more »

Lophatt
Lophatt
Reply to  Dan

The really scary part is that I have met several Jewish women with almost precisely her attitudes and mannerisms. They were so incredibly rude and self-serving that they never for an instant even consider their impact on others.

The more I think about it, the more Saudi Arabia seems a perfect match.

Steven Broiles
1 year ago

Actually, Babs bought a mausoleum plot in Mt. Hebron Cemetery, bounded, in part, by the Van Wyck and Horace Harding Expressways, in Flushing, NY. She had the mausoleum built over 30 years ago, and her name is carved into the granite directly above the door. Some of her relatives are entombed there. BUT, point duly noted.

Andy
Andy
Reply to  Steven Broiles

“Flushing” is quite an astute & visionary name for a town in NY with a Mausoleum & Cemetery.

Send these whiny brats all to Flushing.

silhouette
silhouette
1 year ago

Do people that threaten to leave the country over the outcome of elections honestly believe their threats will influence that outcome??

Reply to  silhouette

They must! That’s how delusional and narcissistic these “celebrities” are.
Oooh, we must vote Democrat because Barbra Streisand will move to Canada if Republicans win. Gag!

Skid Marx
Skid Marx
1 year ago

There are some libtard family members that I no longer associate with that think Babsy is the bestest.
Commiecrats are not my friends or family and I have nothing but middle fingers for them.

Alma
Alma
1 year ago

“People who need people”, well she sure needed us to make millions but her pic is worth a thousand words, she’s a worn out old hag that soon won’t be able to lift a vocal cord unless in the shower. She didn’t even utter a word about the murders in Pittsburgh. “Get lost Barbara, sing the Internationale anthem in the confines of your toilet bowl”.

1 year ago

“It’s making me fat,” she continued. OK, I’ll buy that excuse. So, what’s making her so ugly? Is THAT also Trump? “His assault on our democracy, our institutions, our founders — I think we’re in a fight. … We’re in a war for the soul of America.” Yes, you’re right, Babs. Except that it was OBAMA who led the assault on our Democracy, Institutions, Founders, Freedoms, and our very Lives. And in 2016 the American People reacted by electing Donald John Trump to RESTORE those core values of our Country. He’s *sparing* our souls! “If my people, which are called… Read more »

Lophatt
Lophatt
1 year ago

What, precisely is “he” doing that so unnerves them? Being “nationalistic” is a good thing. Protecting the borders is a good thing. I don’t care for the foreign wars, its true, but the other stuff isn’t “earth shattering”.

What they’re really saying is “he’s impeding the globalists plan for total absorption”. Well, they should move to Communist China.

Reply to  Lophatt

I agree RE: nationalism. I’d like to see it from other American “ethnic groups” in ways that similarly favor America as a whole, and not as divisive groups trying to re-create their own home country ways. But this is seen (pushed) as “white supremacy” by the MSM and Democrats as a way to attack the Right. The other issues the Left hates about Trump and the right is that we (and Trump) stand up against them… and their demands for: 1) Abortion on demand for any reason 2) Their desire to be completely separated from God, Absolute Morals & Truth… Read more »

Watertender
Watertender
1 year ago

A bus ticket from Malibu to Vancouver BC is $149 from the site I looked at. If she would stay gone I would put in the 1st $20 to be rid of her… Hell I would even give her a Tim Hortons card for a coffee when she got there… See, The Watertender is a compassionate giving man….

Steven Broiles
1 year ago

Babs is a frustrated Valkyrie! Babs is so Nietzschean, she would probably embrace a HORSE, if one happens to be available!

Don’t go away mad, Babs. JUST GO AWAY! And take Rosie O’Donnell and Whoopi Goldberg with you!!!

Mad Celt
Mad Celt
1 year ago

What makes her think Canada wants her? Their cup runneth over now with halfwits.

TPR
TPR
1 year ago

Only her nose knows for sure. The Jewish Pancake Princess doth “cry wolf” too much, all talk no action. If she’s not careful with all that lying, she’ll grow a Pinocchio. Make that JPPP = Jewish Pinocchio Pancake Princess, lol. Seriously, all the things she’s griping about are EXACTLY the Dem-Commies Agenda! It’s insanity she thinks Conservatives are doing what the DEMOCRAT Platform is! ===== In other celeb news, has anyone heard what in the world is Kanye West’s problem? I saw a tweet that he is quitting all politics & going back to music because he realizes “he has… Read more »

MarkyMark
MarkyMark
1 year ago

What in BLAZES happened to her?! She looks like she’s been hit with an ugly stick! I’m old enough to remember when Babs was a decent looking woman…

Reply to  MarkyMark

No make up.

Gato
Gato
1 year ago

What? She is still here? I thought she was going to move to Canada if Trump won. Another empty promise.

Glenn47
Glenn47
1 year ago

Just another idle threat never to be fulfilled. Just one needs to leave, maybe the rest will follow. But not a one will leave. They can’t even sanely justify their feelings.

1 year ago

“And how come these Hollyweird-types never threaten to move south of the border?”

Good question.

Probably cause they don’t habla espagnol.

They wouldn’t want to be seen as invaders who refuse to assimilate into their new country’s customs & culture – oh the irony.

Andy
Andy
1 year ago

They’re coming to get you, Barbra!

(Night of the Living Dead)

Lophatt
Lophatt
1 year ago

Her makeup artist must need a trowel and a concrete mixer. These creatures think we’re gonna be sad if they leave? Why?

Why doesn’t she go to Israel, or Communist China? It’s a perfect fit.

CalGirl
CalGirl
1 year ago

GEEEZZZ LOUIZEEEEEE, would these people like Barbra just pack up and follow through on their threats already???????? I happen to know from a number of Canadians in our circle that moving to LIVE in Canada as an expatriot is NOT easy…..becoming a legal citizen is next to impossible…. EVEN IF YOU HAVE A TON OF MONEY. So, maybe Barbra should look into moving South…like, to Mexico, or one of the Central American states, like Puerto Rico, Guatamala, etc etc. Life will be so much better for her there as a bazillionare (by comparison to the economies there)……and……she can eat pancakes… Read more »

Lophatt
Lophatt
Reply to  CalGirl

That’s a GREAT idea. That way she could be “one with the down-trodden”. Can’t you see her slogging through the snake infested swamps of Central America?

How long do you think she would last after the first Shining Path guerrilla grabs her by the nose and holds her for ransom? Once that nasal, sanctimonious monologue of hers starts they would stake her to an anthill.

YouKnowWho
YouKnowWho
1 year ago

Where’s the go fund me page for her ONE WAY TICKET.

Dave
Editor
1 year ago

Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out, komrade.

On second thought…

Bobcat
Bobcat
1 year ago

You cannot just move to Canada. You can come as a visitor but you cannot stay. We have rules. You will be deported