ACORN Pleads Guilty to Voter Registration Fraud in Nevada
Via The Daily Caller: The defunct political advocacy group ACORN has pleaded guilty to one count of an election law violation in Las Vegas, Nevada. ACORN attorney Lisa Rasmussen told Fox News that a plea agreement was worked out with the state attorney general. The violation was for unlawfully providing compensation for registering voters based on the total number of people registered. Sentencing for the organization is set for August 10th, and the potential fine is a maximum of $5,000.
ACORN itself was named as a criminal defendant for allegedly running an illegal voter registration scheme called “21,” or “Blackjack,” which paid ACORN workers bonuses based on the number of voters they registered in Nevada during the 2008 election. This is the only case in the country in which ACORN itself was named as a felony defendant, and it has since filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
I did a search for “ACORN pleads guilty to voter registration fraud in Nevada” on several sites and this was the result:
- On CNN: No matches.
- On MSNBC: Did not find any matches for your inquiry. Wait, they just posted it six minutes ago.
- The Huffington Post: Latest link they provided was from May 2010.
- On ABC News: Sorted by most recent, the first link that shows up is for “Appeals Court Upholds Ex-Enron CEO’s Convictions”. Updated at 6:28 pm, they too finally add a link.
- On CBS News: Two links – one from 2008 and one from 2006.
- On The Seattle Times: Returned zero results. Updated at 6:29 pm, they too finally add a link.
- Fox News: Found it!
Why did several sites not post this until after 9:30 pm eastern time? And why have some major outlets still not reported it? The media, working hard to report the news to you, when they deem you need to hear it.
Please follow and like us: