Are you curious about who are the glitterati who were invited by Obama for his recent state dinner honoring Hu Jintao? Hu is the president of China — a country that, despite its market reforms that quickly have catapulted it to near superpower status, is still ruled by the Communist Party that regularly arrests, tortures, and imprisons political dissidents and followers of unapproved religions, especially the neoBuddhist Falun Gong.
A recent Wayne Madsen Report, exclusive to subscribers, gives the A-list of guests — which Madsen (gotta love the guy) calls “mostly an A-hole list”:
“President Obama’s invitation list for the state dinner for visiting Chinese President Hu Jintao may be an ‘A-list’ to some, but, for the most part, those invited to the dinner represent the worst kinds of Americans, the ‘A-hole’ cream of the crop in the United States.”
Here’s the list of “American rogues” invited to dine on roast beef and lobster with an American president who’s a fraud, and a Chinese President who’s the head of a criminal regime. The list gives us a glimpse into some of the denizens of our political ruling class:
- “America’s most infamous war criminal, Henry Kissinger, a fan of gulags, Cambodian genocide, South African and Israeli apartheid, and the gassing of Soviet Jews.”
- Wendi Deng Murdoch, the Chinese “dragon lady” wife of neocon media mogul Rupert Murdoch.
- A lovely incestuous group comprised of:
- Secretary of State Madeleine Albright;
- Albright’s god-daughter Susan Rice, Obama’s UN ambassador;
- Rice’s husband, ABC News producer Ian Cameron;
- The host of the show Cameron produces, Christian Amanpour;
- Amanpour’s husband James Rubin, Albright’s one-time spokesman.
- The “old philanderer-in-chief ‘Slick Willie’ Clinton.”
- The “old Bechtel criminal from the Reagan administration” George Shultz.
- “Weird Howard” Berman, the former chairman of the House Foreign Relations Committee.
- Maryland Representative Steny Hoyer.
- Arch-neocon Robert Kagan.
- Former vice chairman of Goldman Sachs and now Under Secretary of State for Economic, Business, and Agricultural Affairs Robert Hormats.
- David Rubenstein, the founder of The Carlyle Group.
- Obama’s “Chicago Mafia”: Mayor Richard Daley; his brother, incoming Obama chief of staff William Daley; Tom Pritzker of the Pritzker real estate conglomerate of Chicago; David Axelrod; Education Secretary Arne Duncan, and Valerie Jarrett.
- “Pseudo-journalists of the corporate media”: David Ignatius of The Washington Post, Thomas Friedman and Nicholas Kristof of The New York Times, and The Atlantic’s James Fallows.
- The UAW’s Robert King.
- “Leading financial shysters of Wall Street”: Lloyd Blankfein of Goldman Sachs and Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan Chase.
- Luis Ubinas of The Ford Foundation in New York, the same Ford Foundation for which Obama’s mom, Stanley Ann Dunham, had worked for decades.
- CEOs from Dow Chemical (of “Agent Orange” infamy), Microsoft, Motorola, General Electric, Intel, and Boeing.
- Barbra Streisand (“there is no telling what she said or did to her old White House boyfriend, Slick Willie Clinton”).