If someone hires you or me to do a job but after almost four years, the job we had promised to do isn’t done, then our employer should fire us.
That’s exactly the case with Barack Hussein Obama and the American people. Simply put, the POS didn’t do what he said he’d do. How can I say that with such confidence?
In 2008 when he was seeking to be elected President of the United States of America, Obama published his big plan in a book, Change We Can Believe In: Barack Obama’s Plan to Renew America’s Promise.
The substantive part of the book is contained in “Part One: The Plan,” wherein the POS laid out his grand plan to bring “Hope and Change” to America. The following is taken from Change We Can Believe In. I’ve attached either an √ or Χ to each of the 25 bullet points, and added my comments (in blue, with embedded links). I invite you to do the same, at the end of which we can tally up just how many promises, if any, the POS actually carried out.
Part One: The Plan
Introduction: Hope for America
1. Reviving Our Economy: Strengthening the Middle Class (Χ)
- Provide immediate relief with an emergency economic plan (Χ) – What economic plan? Unless you mean the $7.77 trillion Wall St. bailout!
- Economic security and opportunity for all American families (Χ) – Americans had lost 40% of our net worth in just 3 years
- Affordable health care for all Americans (Χ) – Economists say most of Obamacare costs will fall on the middle class
- Empower families to succeed (Χ) – How? By having only 49% of Americans actually pay federal income taxes and, thereby, carry the 51% who don’t?
- Restore trust, return to fiscal responsibility (Χ) – by spending America into $16 trillion of national debt, where more than half (53%) of the U.S. population now depend on govt.
2. Investing In Our Prosperity: Creating our Economic Future (Χ) – by having more Americans on Food Stamps and Social Security Disability than ever in U.S. history?
- Promote our energy independence and create five million green jobs (Χ) Yeah, like that $535M “loan” to solar energy company Solyndra that promptly went bankrupt.
- A world-class education for every American (Χ) – US students lag in science and math; a disaster in the making.
- Make America the undisputed leader in science and technology (Χ) – see above!
- Build the infrastructure of the twenty-first century (Χ) – crumbling infrastructure ranks U.S. behind Barbados!
- Help our small businesses and manufacturers thrive and create jobs (Χ) – Obama to American businesses: “You didn’t build that!”
- Compete and thrive in the global economy (Χ) – U.S. manufacturing plunges; largest decline since 9/11
- Rebuilding America’s Leadership: Restoring our Place in the World (Χ) –46% of Americans—and 63% of Chinese—believe that China already has replaced the U.S. as the world’s leading superpower or eventually will.
- End the war in Iraq responsibly (Χ) – Obama lied about end of Iraq War
- Finish the fight against Al Qaeda and turn the tide against global terrorism (Χ) Afghan war is a total failure, says U.S. Army whistleblower,
- Rebuild a strong twenty-first-century military (Χ) Sure, by cutting the military budget and adding military heroes to Obama’s enemies list!
- Stop the spread of nuclear weapons (Χ) – by sharing U.S. missile defense system info with Russia?
- Renew our alliances to meet new global challenges (Χ) – by bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia, the Japanese Emperor, and the President of Mexico?
- Perfecting Our Union: Embracing America’s Values (Χ) – by hosting a LGBT Pride Reception in the White House where gay activists flipped their finger at a portrait of Ronald Reagan.
- Restore trust in government and clean up Washington (Χ) – Only 7% of Americans trust Congress, Gallup poll, Dec. 2011; 1 in 3 Americans see govt as a major threat to their freedom.
- Make voluntary citizen service universal (Χ) – you mean ACORN?
- Partner with communities of faith (Χ) – by turning down Cardinal Dolan’s offer to bless the 2012 Dem National Convention and by imposing the Contraception Mandate on Catholic institutions?
- Strengthen families (Χ) – by supporting homosexual marriage?
- Advance equal opportunity for all Americans (Χ) – Obama’s AG Eric Holder refused to prosecute New Black Panthers ‘cause they’re “his people”
- Secure our borders and reform a broken immigration system (Χ) – via amnesty to Illegals and “Fast & Furious” Mexican gunrunning!
- Safeguard the environment for future generations (Χ) – by giving away 7 oil-rich Alaskan islands to Russia?
- Honor sportsmen and protect the great outdoors (Χ) – how? what? when?
- Fight crime and promote public safety (Χ) – Obama & Holder ignore ‘Beat Whitey’ Black riots
My tally is a big fat zero (o). What’s yours?