From NY Post: Eight alleged violent MS-13 members have been indicted for three savage murders and other crimes, officials announced on Thursday.
Oscar Acosta — a rival of the gang La Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13 — was lured to a secluded area in Brentwood, LI, to smoke pot but was instead brutally beaten with a tree branch and thrown unconscious into the trunk of a car.
He was then taken to another secluded area where he was slashed to death with a machete by several of the gang members, according to an indictment unsealed in Central Islip federal court.
The attack happened in April 2016. Acosta’s body was found that September.
Similarly, Javier Castillo and Dewann Stacks were stabbed to death by MS-13 members in separate incidents in October 2016, prosecutors said.
The defendants, who also face racketeering charges, are all illegal immigrants aliens from El Salvador, officials said.
A total of 24 people have been charged in the case since 2016, including suspects in the murder of Brentwood students Nisa Mickens, 15, and Kayla Cuevas, 16.
- Cops dig up another body in Long Island related to MS-13 gang violence
- MS-13 gang members kill man, burn his body in car trunk in Virginia
- Monsters among us: MS-13 behead and cut out man’s heart; Salvadorean torture-kills elderly veteran
- DHS reveals number of MS-13 and other gang members released by demorat sanctuary policies
- TDS is a mental disorder: Liberals would rather date a member of MS-13 than a Trump supporter