It’s déja vu all over again.
Trump has succumbed to the neo-con warmongers and their puppeteer, Israel. Last night, he announced “a combined operation” by the U.S., France and Britain against the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, ostensibly because of Assad’s chemical attack last week on the Syrian city of Douma, in which at least 40 people were killed and hundreds were sickened.
I don’t believe that for a minute, given past false reports of chemical attacks. See:
- “Defense Secretary Jim Mattis: No evidence Syrian government used poison gas on its people,” Feb. 9, 2018.
- “Former US intelligence officials: Trump lied about Assad’s chemical attack on Idlib province,” April 10, 2017.
- “3 reasons why the latest Syrian chemical attack attributed to Assad is a false flag,” April 7, 2017.
- “Obama admin considering a war against Syria, again,” Feb. 19, 2014.
- “Liberal journalist Seymour Hersh says Obama made up the intelligence for war on Syria,” Dec. 9, 2013.
- “Senate votes in favor of Obama’s war against Syria,” Sept. 4, 2013.
- “Article cited by Limbaugh on Syrian chemical attack being a U.S. false flag,” Sept. 4, 2013.
- “Another Obama War: All signs point to Syria chemical attack being a false flag,” Aug. 29, 2013.
- “Israeli intelligence chief said Israel does not want ISIS to be defeated,” April 15, 2017.
In so doing, Trump risks nothing less than losing his base.
Our only hope now is that Russian President Putin maintains his cool and rationality, refrains from retaliating and igniting WW3.
Here are some “creatures without sin” as a de-stressor.