Honey, if you’re gonna play on Twitter ya better wear your big girl pants.
From Daily Mail: Sophia Bush has hit out at cruel online trolls who ‘endlessly attack’ her on social media. The One Tree Hill star, 35, slammed ‘groups of “fans”‘ who berate her lifestyle choices and said the the hurtful comments she is regularly subjected to leave her feeling ‘like s**t’.
Writing an impassioned post on Twitter on Wednesday, Sophia said: ‘Being alerted to groups of “fans” ripping your life, choices, and happiness apart in private chats feels like s*** y’all. Truly. More of her tweets:
- Being endlessly attached by trolls and b****ed at for every single thing you do, also feels like s***. You can’t please everyone?
- Well you sure can be ripped by everyone. Every day. Endlessly. You think I’m too private? That I owe you something? What does it need to,’ she wrote, before heading into another tweet.
- be for kindness to be practice, and for something you don’t like to not get “A Beautiful Mind” level, INSANE plot and dissertation?
- You don’t know me. You don’t know anyone that you don’t know personally, in fact. Remember that we’re all human. And try to be better.
- At, you know, being a HUMAN too. (sic).’
The actress revealed this is not the first time the ‘haters’ have insulted her and she admitted she is used to the spiteful remarks as she doesn’t consider their comments to be ‘original’.
After a one-tweet #DefendDACA interlude, she added: ‘And yes, for those asking. It’s literally EVERY GD second of EVERY GD day. So haters? You’re not even original. I’ve heard it all!’
And Sophia’s One Tree Hill co-star Hilarie Burton – who portrayed Peyton Sawyer in the series – has supported her colleague. She replied to Sophia’s rant saying: ‘PREACH Sis!!!! You’re a GD diamond!’
The actress shot to fame portraying Brooke Davis in One Tree Hill from 2003 to 2012. The popular show followed the lives of high school students living in North Carolina. One Tree Hill boasted a cast that included Bethany Joy Lenz, James Lafferty, Lee Norris, and it made its star Chad Michael Murray a household name. Sophia’s gone on to star on Chicago Fire, Chicago Med, Chicago P.D., while Hilarie has appeared in Lethal Weapon, Extant, and Hostages.
The actress tied the knot with her screen love interest Chad Michael Murray, 32, in Santa Monica, California, in April 2005, announcing their separation just five months later. The former couple were granted a divorce in December 2006, with Sophia later saying: ‘It devastates me now that I have been reduced to a Hollywood statistic – another joke marriage. I never expected to be married more than once… because I knew what I was getting into and will always believe in love.’