The military of any country, including that of the United States, is about national defense. The military is not a place for social engineering experiments.
But that’s precisely what Obama did to the U.S. military.
Under the Obama administration, so-called “transgenders” — a biological impossibility — were catered to:
- In 2012, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) issued new guidelines that illegal aliens awaiting deportation must be provided taxpayer-funded abortion services, transportation to the abortion clinic, and transgender hormone therapy.
- Beginning in June 2014, so-called “sex reassignment” transgender surgery is covered by the near-bankrupt Medicare. People with an ounce of sense know that the surgery actually is body mutilation — chopping off the penis and testicles; making a gouging wound and pretend it’s a vagina. Gender is determined by one’s DNA, specifically sex chromosomes — females have XX chromosomes; males have XY chromosomes — which no amount of surgery can change.
- In 2015, male Army ROTC cadets were made to wear red high heels to “raise awareness” about rape.
- On May 13, 2016, Obama issued a directive (via the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division and the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights) ordering all schools, colleges and universities that receive federal financial assistance to allow “transgenders” to use the rest- or locker-room of their predilection, instead of in accordance to their biological plumbing. “Transgenderism” is defined and determined subjectively by the “transgender”.
- Beginning in June 2014, the Pentagon used she-males to recruit transgenders.
- On June 30, 2016, effective immediately, Obama lifted a longstanding ban on transgenders in the military.
Finally, sanity will now return to the U.S. military.
Three hours ago, President Trump sent out a series of three tweets announcing an end to the Obama administration’s policy of transgenders in the U.S. military. He wrote:
“After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow . . . Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming . . . victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you.”
President Trump is right about the “tremendous medical costs” of “transgenders”. Whereas “transgenders” comprise less than one percent of the military (0.7%), their medical costs to taxpayers are staggering:
- Data supplied by Rep. Vicky Hartzler (R., Mo.) show that even by using a conservative estimate, the cost of Pentagon’s “sex-change surgeries” is $1.3 billion over 10 years.
- “Transgenders” are prone to suicide, in a military that is already burdened by a too-high suicide rate of 265 suicides per 100,000 soldiers in 2015. According to a study by the UCLA’s Williams Institute, whereas the percentage of suicide attempts in the overall U.S. population is 4.6%, among transgenders the percentage is a whopping 41% — that’s more than 4 of every 10 “transgenders”.
Please continue to pray for President Trump.
H/t Will Shanley
Update (July 28, 2017):
Predictably, the liberal MSM and Hollywood are incandescent with outrage over President Trump’s tweets. As an example, that font of wisdom and reason called Lady Gaga accused President Trump of “endangering” military lives and painting a target on the backs of all “transgenders”.