Today is the final day of the bitterly contentious 140-day legislative session of the Texas State House of Representatives.
A group of protesters crashed the chamber, chanting in Spanish and holding signs that say “I am illegal and here to stay”.
When Republican Rep. Matt Rinaldi called ICE (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement) on the protesters, Democrat Rep. Poncho Nevarez threatened Rinaldi’s life — that he would “get” Rinaldi on the way to the latter’s car — while another Democrat, Rep. Ramon Romero, physically assaulted Rinaldi.
In partisan language, Brandi Grissom and Robert T. Garrett report for Dallas News (note that Grissom and Garrett archly call the Republican representative “far right,” while the Democratic reps. are not “far left” but merely Democrats):
“[A] group of protesters crashed the chamber’s gallery Monday, chanting opposition to the so-called sanctuary cities ban. Legislators approved a bill this year that would force local governments to enforce federal immigration laws, what opponents call a show-me-your-papers law.
As they protested, Latino Reps. Ramon Romero and Cesar Blanco, both Democrats, waved to the noisy crowd. Far-right Republican Matt Rinaldi of Irving, a fervent supporter of the anti-immigration legislation, approached the Latino Democrats. They said Rinaldi told them he had called U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to report the protesters, who were largely Hispanic.
The Democrats were enraged. A shoving match ensued, and later lawmakers accused one another of making violent threats. Rinaldi said a Democrat threatened to ‘come get’ him. Rep. Justin Rodriguez, D-San Antonio, who was near the scrum, said he heard Rinaldi say, ‘I’ll put a bullet in his head,’ to another Democrat in the scrum.
‘He’s a broken person, and I hope his community realizes that,’ Rodriguez said during a press conference later.
Rep. Rinaldi issued this statement on Twitter:
That’s Democrats for ya — they go into a homicidal rage if you actually try to enforce U.S. laws.
- Police arrest Calif. ethics prof. Eric Clanton for Antifa bikelock violence at Berkeley protest
- Jihad-watcher Robert Spencer poisoned by Leftist in Iceland
- Cal State Fullerton professor assaults Republican student
- Pro-abort womyn shoves a bloody sanitary pad into pro-life activist’s mouth
- Anti-Trump mob knocks Trump supporter unconscious at Portland Airport
- Woman who set fire to Trump supporter’s hair is identified
- Gay man, Daniel Goldstein, kicked from JetBlue flight for verbally assaulting Ivanka Trump
- Paydirt Bar in Oregon offers free whisky for life to punch Trump’s chief strategist Steve Bannon
- Hillary Clinton threatens her Twitter critics: ‘We’re coming back at you’
- Former AG Loretta Lynch and Senate Democrats call for subverting President Trump with marches, blood, and death
- AIDS-infested Charlie Sheen asks God to kill Donald Trump
- Hillary supporters send death threats to Electoral College
H/t FOTM‘s CP