Whatever misgivings the Deplorables may have about President Trump’s continuation of the neo-con’s policy in Syria or his empowerment of daughter Ivanka and son-in-law Jared Kushner, there’s no denying these Trump effects:
(1) Budget Surplus
Confounding market expectations for a deficit, the U.S. government had a $182 billion budget surplus in April 2017, according to Treasury Department data released on May 10.
Government revenue last month totaled $456 billion, up 4% from April 2016, while government expenditure stood at $273 billion, a decrease of 18% from the same month a year earlier.
That budget surplus for just the month of April 2017 is $36 billion more than the adjusted surplus of $146 billion for the entire 2016 year.
The Trump administration’s budget surplus helps accounts for a reduction in the government deficit, which was $344 billion in fiscal 2017 year-to-date deficit — down $9 billion from the $353 billion in the same period of fiscal 2016. (Reuters)
(2) Illegal border crossing
The Trump administration’s commitment to enforcing the law has changed the reality along the U.S.-Mexico border even before a foot of the border wall is built:
- Illegal immigration across the southwestern border is down a stunning 76% since President Trump was elected.
- The flow of children and families across the border is down even more. The number of unaccompanied illegal immigrant children nabbed at the border dropped below 1,000 — a level not seen since before the “surge” in Obama’s second term, which he aided and abetted.
- Overall apprehensions by the Border Patrol dropped to just 11,129 in April, according to numbers released on May 9, 2017, marking the lowest monthly total for any month in decades. (Washington Times)
We all know that if Hillary Rotten Clinton had been elected president, the deficits and illegal border crossings would have worsened, and U.S. taxpayers would still be paying for abortions across the world — among other ills. See:
- President Hillary Rodham Clinton’s first 100 days
- President Trump ends $75M funding of UN abortion agency
- President Trump signs law restoring states’ right to defund Planned Parenthood