More “Fly the Nightmare Skies”….
On May 7, 2017, as Southwest flight 2530 was taxiing to a terminal at Hollywood Burbank Airport for a layover, two young black men started punching each other, as other passengers seated nearby flee from the melee, while a woman can be heard screaming: “What’s wrong with you?”.
Flight 2530 to Oakland, CA, had originated in Dallas, Texas.
The Los Angeles Times reports that according to Burbank Police Department’s Sgt. Derek Green, officers arrested Chaz Cable, a 37-year-old Lancaster man, for misdemeanor battery. Cable is currently being held in lieu of $50,000 bail.
The airline issued a statement that three people were involved in the fight rather than two, and that “We’re grateful to our employees who quickly reacted to break up a fight involving three customers. One customer had minor injuries, but was able to travel onward. We have no other reports of injuries.”
It’s unknown who the other two people involved with the fight are or how it started.
- Two men fight in plane; stewardess choked
- Delta Airlines pilot hit passenger fighting with another
- Fly the nightmare skies: woman sues Delta for sexual assault by masturbating man
- Now it’s American Airlines: Male steward hits woman with stroller, challenges passenger to a fight
- Actor John Cho blames Trump for United Airlines dragging paid passenger off overbooked flight