In the 1970s, in the cause of feminism and female empowerment, U.S. college campuses began offering “assertiveness training” workshops for female students to wean them from passivity.
Flash forward 3+ decades to 2017.
So-called feminists have gone beyond being “assertive” about their rights. It’s no longer about their economic-political rights. They are now in-your-face about every imagined slight, quick to take offense where none is made or intended. Swollen with pride and grandiosity, feminists now advertise their biological attributes with dyed-blue armpit hair (because shaving your armpit hair is submitting to the patriarchy), pink pussy hats and vagina suits as if the mere possession of a vagina is a virtuous achievement.
The feminists’ latest biological narcissism is about menstruation.
In the name of “menstrual equality” (whatever that means), feminists demand employers give them “menstrual leave” and
government taxpayers provide them with free tampons and menstrual pads. See:
- Forget maternity leave – women should get PAID menstrual leave every month, says leading doctor
- Womyn wants college to pay for her period
- ‘Babies before booze’ CA bill would raise liquor tax to pay for tax-free diapers, tampons
- Brown University distributes free tampons to men’s rooms because ‘not all people who menstruate are women’
Others regard using those hygiene products as a submission to the oppressive patriarchy, advocating instead that women should let their menstrual blood freely drip down their legs. (See “Gross: Womyn runs London marathon without a tampon, bleeds freely to raise awareness“)
For those women who eschew “free bleeding,” they now have an alternative. They can symbolically drip menstrual blood down their legs with “period positive” leggings.
Keely Sharp reports for Patriots Update, April 3, 2017, that a group called PopRageous is promoting and selling women’s leggings with an artificial menstrual blood stain in the crotch.
In addition to the “period positive” leggings, PopRageous also sells anti-Trump merchandise and this “Fuck the Patriarchy” t-shirt:
- Texas judge Sarah Eckhardt wears pink ‘pussy hat’ in courtroom
- Rosie O’Donnell threatens to smear menstrual blood on pro-lifers’ faces
- Woman makes art exhibit with scraps of fabric stained with her menstrual blood
- Coming soon: An app to let people you’re getting your period
- Italy could soon offer women paid ‘menstrual leave’
- Liberal Insanity: ‘Toni the Tampon’ coloring book tells kids men menstruate
H/t FOTM‘s MomOfIV