On January 20, 2017, a video of Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration was broadcast on a whiteboard inside a classroom of W. H. Adamson High School in Dallas, Texas.
A female teacher posted to Instagram a short video of herself lunging and repeatedly shooting a water pistol at Trump’s image on the whiteboard, while screaming, “Die!”
Todd Starnes reports for FoxNews, Jan. 26, 2017, that the teacher posted the video to her Instagram account with the message:
“Watching the #inauguration in my classroom like…#no #stop #denial #squirtgun #hypocrisy #powerless #saveusall #teachthembetter #atleastitsfriday.”
In the video, voices can be heard in the background, but the school district would not say if students had witnessed the teacher’s mock assassination.
The mock assassination video has since been removed from Instagram, but not before copies were made and uploaded to YouTube. Here’s the video:
I had the video made into a GIF so that we’ll have a record of the mock assassination in the event YouTube removes the video:
The teacher has been placed on administrative leave.
Dallas Independent School District spokeswoman Robyn Harris said:
“Today, we were made aware of a social media posting being circulated involving a teacher at W. H. Adamson High School. The teacher has been placed on administrative leave and the district has opened an investigation. This is a personnel matter and as such we cannot comment.”
The teacher has been identified as Payal Modi, an Indian-American art teacher.
According to CBS News, while some students found Modi’s actions inappropriate, a majority thought she was just joking.
Adamson High School junior Leslie Jaimes said she was in Modi’s second-period class when the teacher pulled out a squirt gun she had taken earlier from a student. Jaimes said, “Trump came out and she shot at him, but like, it was just a water gun. It’s no big deal”. Briana Castillo, a senior at the school, said that although Modi’s “actions didn’t display that she was a good role model, she’s always there and supports my classmates, my peers.”
The Secret Service field office in Irving said they are aware of the incident, but declined further comment.
There is an online petition calling for the immediate termination of Payal R. Modi’s employment. Click here.
H/t FOTM reader C.P.
- High school teacher allows students to perform skit of assassination of Trump
- Swedish government official calls for assassinating President Trump
- Threats to assassinate Trump from CEO, banker and newspaper columnist
- ‘Love Trumps Hate’: Assassination threats against Trump flood Twitter
- NY mag writer Jonathan Chait defends his offer for a $100M bounty on President Trump ‘dead or alive’
- AIDS-infested Charlie Sheen asks God to kill Donald Trump
- Director of news site Ethan Fedida wishes early death for President Trump
- Darknet website is soliciting donations to assassinate Trump & Pence
- This is CNN: Correspondent Caught Joking About Donald Trump’s Plane Crashing