More hypocrisy from the party of “tolerance.”
From Daily Mail: Opera star Andrea Bocelli has backed out of singing at Donald Trump’s inauguration after receiving death threats – joining the list of celebrities to decline or cancel on the president-elect.
The revelation of death threats came as another singer – Broadway legend Jennifer Holliday – pulled out of Trump’s festivities on Saturday after being threatened and branded an ‘Uncle Tom’.
When blind tenor Bocelli announced he would not sing at this Friday’s celebration, it was widely reported it was because fans had said they would boycott his concerts and records. But a source said the 58-year-old had been determined to ‘press ahead’ and sing but had pulled out on the advice of his security team after receiving threats to his life.
A source close to Bocelli, a friend of Trump’s, said: ‘Andrea is very sad to be missing the chance to sing at such a huge global event but he has been advised it is simply not worth the risk.’
The president-elect’s inaugural committee had announced Friday that Holliday – a Tony award winner who is black – would perform in a concert at the Lincoln Memorial on the eve of the tycoon’s inauguration, joining a lineup featuring country stars Toby Keith and Lee Greenwood.
She pulled out after disgruntled fans – including many from the LGBT community, where she has developed a loyal following – took to Twitter to denounce her slated participation.
Despite the latest cancellations, Trump tweeted on Saturday night that the inauguration was turning out to be ‘even bigger than expected’.
Read the whole story here.