Imagine if you’re a military general.
You tell your underling to pin an award medal on you.
I think y’all will agree that the general just gave an award to himself, which is vain and plain ridiculous.
That’s exactly what Obama, Commander in Chief of the U.S. military, did two days ago on January 4, 2017.
Josh Lederman and Vivian Salama report for the Associated Press (via The Herald Dispatch), Jan 4, 2017, that Obama met Wednesday with military leaders for the last time at a farewell ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, a short drive from the White House:
“Prior to his remarks, Defense Secretary Ash Carter presented Obama with the Medal of Distinguished Public Service as a token of appreciation for his service as commander in chief. […]
Addressing a room of men and women from the various branches of the military, Obama praised their service and sacrifice. He said there is ‘no greater privilege and no greater honor’ than serving as commander in chief.
‘As I reflect on the challenges we have faced together and on those to come, I believe that one of the greatest tasks before our armed forces is to retain the high confidence that the American people rightly place in you,’ Obama said. ‘We must never hesitate to act when necessary to defend our nation, but we must also never rush into war because sending you into harm’s way should be a last and not first resort.’ […]
President Barack Obama called for a smooth handover of control of the U.S. military to incoming commander in chief Donald Trump, as the outgoing president met Wednesday with military leaders for the last time.
‘We’ve got to make sure that during this transition period that there is a seamless passing of the baton, that there’s continuity,’ Obama said. He said it was critical to ensure that ‘we are doing everything we can to make sure that the next president will benefit from the same kinds of outstanding advice and service that these people around the table have provided me.'”
Blah, blah, blah, blah . . . .
Medal of Distinguished Public Service as Commander in Chief?
Ash Carter, the ass-kisser, must mean these distinguished accomplishments of CIC Barack Obama:
- No US carrier at sea leaves gap in Middle East
- Military analyst: What two-front war? U.S. can’t fight even one war
- U.S. repeatedly loses in Pentagon war games against Russia
- U.S. official says Army’s industrial base in ‘death spiral‘
- U.S. Air Force flunked defense of nuclear missile silo against simulated attack
- Army To Recruiters: Treat Armed Citizens as Security Threat
- 70% of active military oppose ground troops in Iraq because they distrust their commander-in-chief
- U.S. military does not support Commander-In-Chief Barack Obama
- US Marine Corps commandant openly blasts CIC Obama
- Obama’s America: Army morale is low, job satisfaction low, and more than half have poor nutrition and sleep
- Here’s The Real Reason For US Military’s Declining Morale
- Christians are leaving the U.S. military
- Obama names open homosexual to be Secretary of Army
- U.S. Army general introduces his husband at public event
- U.S. Navy to name ship after homosexual child-predator Harvey Milk
- U.S. military goes transgender
- Obama’s Pentagon uses she-male to recruit transgenders
- Pact with the devil: Obama’s Pentagon tells our soldiers in Afghanistan to ignore child sex abuse
- U.S. Air Force assaults veteran for mentioning God
- US Air Force Academy hostile to Christianity but funds witchcraft & voodoo
- Most U.S. troops, vets would steer kids away from service
- Obama’s Fast & Furious gun-running not only continues, arms are going to ISIS
- Benghazi survivors ungagged: CIA delayed rescue team & nixed air support
- Veterans still facing major medical delays at VA hospitals
- Chattanooga Marine to Obama: ‘You have done more damage to this country than anyone’