If a person is defined by his enemies, then Donald Trump surely is on the side of good.
During the 2016 presidential campaign, as he showed himself to be winning — and therefore a real threat to established interests — Trump became the target of death threats. See:
- Threats to assassinate Donald Trump are multiplying by the day
- GOP consultants call for assassinating Donald Trump
- Trump is viciously attacked from left and right: raped, murdered, ‘cut off his balls’
- Actor Robert De Niro threatens violence against Trump
- Glenn Beck suspended by SiriusXM radio for hinting at Trump assassination
- Adults teach kids, including a 3-year-old, to ‘kill Trump’
Instead of ceasing, the threats became even louder and more vicious after Trump was elected President by a substantial Electoral College margin of 306 to Hillary Clinton’s 232. (The final Electoral College vote was 304 Trump to 224 Clinton). See:
- ‘Love Trumps Hate’: Assassination threats against Trump flood Twitter
- High school teacher allows students to perform skit of assassination of Trump
- Darknet website is soliciting donations to assassinate Trump & Pence
- This is CNN: Correspondent Caught Joking About Donald Trump’s Plane Crashing
- Actor/comedian Patton Oswalt calls on ISIS to attack Trump’s hotels
- Shun this actor! Michael Shannon calls Trump voters ‘moronic f*cking a**holes’ who should ‘just die’
- Hillary supporters send death threats to Electoral College
The latest death threat comes from that paragon of virtue and right reason called Charlie Sheen — the actor whose off-the-scale promiscuity with females and males resulted in him being infected with HIV/AIDS. See:
- Charlie Sheen outed as the “superstar” with HIV
- Charlie Sheen settled $20M lawsuit for giving herpes to gay man
- Charlie Sheen threatened to kill National Enquirer editor for HIV exposé
Reacting to news of actress Carrie Fisher’s death, Sheen asks God — in whom the actor doesn’t believe anyway — to kill Donald Trump.
He tweeted: “Dear God; Trump next, please! Trump next, please! Trump next, please! Trump next, please! Trump next, please! Trump next, please!,” followed by an emoticon of the middle finger F-you.
It is a crime to make death threats against President-elect Donald Trump, as it was to make death threats against presidential candidate Donald Trump.
According to 18 U.S.C. § 879 : US Code – Section 879: Threats against former Presidents and certain other persons:
“(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully threatens to kill, kidnap, or inflict bodily harm upon – (1) a former President or a member of the immediate family of a former President; (2) a member of the immediate family of the President, the President-elect, the Vice President, or the Vice President-elect; (3) a major candidate for the office of President or Vice President, or a member of the immediate family of such candidate; or (4) a person protected by the Secret Service under section 3056(a)(6); shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.
So why aren’t the Trump death-threaters arrested?
The answer, of course, is the Obama administration.
But you can be sure death-threaters will be arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of law after January 20, 2017.