Calling it “a direct assault on our democracy,” Hillary and the Obama administration are pointing their finger at the Russian government as the hacker of the never-ending stream of embarrassing and damaging Democrat emails published by WikiLeaks. WikiLeaks groups those emails into three data bases:
- DNC (Democratic National Committee) emails
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton emails
- John Podesta emails (Podesta is the longtime Democrat apparatchik who is currently the chairman of Hillary’s presidential campaign).
Based on that accusation, Obama recently instructed the CIA to prep for a cyber attack on Russia. On NBC’s Meet the Press on Oct. 16, Vice President Joe Biden spoke ominously that U.S. retaliation “will be proportional in what we do” “at a time of our choosing and in circumstances that have the greatest impact.”
Hillary was equally bombastic. On August 31, 2016, she vowed that when she is President, she will treat Russia’s alleged “cyber attacks just like any other attack . . . with serious political, economic, and military responses.”
In effect, Hillary threatens to unleash what can become World War III in retaliation for Russia’s alleged hacking of emails.
But we are not told or shown the actual evidence that points to Russia as the hacker. So why should we believe it?
What we do have are evidence and testimonies that a Romanian hacker and perhaps the CIA are the hackers.
(1) FBI: No hack of Hillary’s email server
To begin, the whole question of who the hacker(s) is, is itself in question because none other than the FBI had said there’s no evidence that then-secretary of state Hillary Clinton’s illegal email server had even been hacked in the first place. In his press release of July 5, 2016, FBI Director James Comey said:
“With respect to potential computer intrusion by hostile actors, we did not find direct evidence that Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail domain, in its various configurations since 2009, was successfully hacked.“
(2) FBI: Hillary’s email hacked by Romania
That’s what FBI director James Comey publicly said. Privately, however, in FBI’s transcription of witness interviews, the FBI said a different story.
The latest Hillary Clinton document release by the FBI includes a 100-page document identified as FD-302a — summaries from FBI interviews conducted with employees of and various parties associated with Platt River Networks (PRN), the Denver-based IT (information technology) firm that then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton hired to manage her email system.
Until 2013, Hillary’s private, unsecured email server was located in her home in Chappaqua, New York. In early 2013, PRN won the bid for a contract to be the email server of not only Hillary Clinton, but also email domains associated with Bill Clinton and Clinton aides, e.g., Sidney Blumenthal, a close confidante of Hillary who was Bill Clinton’s White House aide and a major proponent of the “Arab Spring” rebellion in Libya that ousted Muammar Qaddafi and plunged Libya into a blood-soaked civil war. PRN’s account with the Clintons was under the name CESC.
According to an FBI interview conducted on June 6, 2016 with an unnamed employee working for a US defense contractor in “missile, space and intelligence,” while trying to determine if Hillary’s private server had been breached from the outside by “a foreign power,” the defense contractor employee found files from the server of Sidney Blumenthal residing on a server in Romania. The Romanian server contained approximately 200 Microsoft Word, Excel, and other file types belonging to Blumenthal. “Upon viewing this file”, the unnamed witness “became concerned he had found a classified document and stopped the project.”
In an NBC interview in May 2016, Romanian hacker Marcel Lazăr Lehel, aka Guccifer, claimed that in addition to hacking Sidney Blumenthal, he had also gained access to Hillary’s “completely unsecured” server. Referring to Hillary’s emails, Guccifer said, “It was like an open orchid on the Internet. There were hundreds of folders.”
It was in 2013 that Guccifer breached Blumenthal’s inbox and exposed Hillary’s private email address, which forced her to change her username.
In subsequent questioning by the FBI, however, Guccifer recanted and said he had lied about hacking Hillary’s server. But according to independent investigative reporter Wayne Madsen, Lehel/Guccifer was arrested by Romanian authorities for publicizing Hillary’s private emails that he had hacked during the time frame surrounding the attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi. Romania then very obligingly extradicted Lehel to the U.S., where he was prosecuted in the court of the U.S. Eastern District of Virginia, described by Madsen as “the U.S. military-intelligence community’s ‘rocket docket’ for quick prosecutions without the worry of classified information being disclosed during a trial.”
Last week, Guccifer was quietly sent back to Romania where he will remain for the duration of his 52 month sentence.
(4) Guccifer 2.0
“Guccifer 2.0” is a person or persons claiming to have hacked into the DNC computer network and then leaked its documents to WikiLeaks. In August 2016, Guccifer 2.0 posted an excel spreadsheet on his blog which includes the personal cell phone number, physical and email address, as well as full personal information of some 200 Congressional Democrats. (See “Nancy Pelosi had to change phone number after receiving scores of obscene and sick calls“)
According to Wikipedia, some of the documents released by Guccifer 2.0 “appear to be forgeries cobbled together from public information and previous hacks, which they then salted with disinformation.” The Obama administration’s intelligence community and cybersecurity experts and firms say that some of the genuine leaks claimed by Guccifer 2.0 are part of a series of cyberattacks on the DNC by two Russian intelligence groups. But the Russian government claims it had no involvement in the theft.
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange also said there’s no proof that Russia was behind the attack. In an interview on Dutch television on August 9, 2016, Assange implied that the source of the leaked DNC emails was a 27-year-old DNC staffer named Seth Conrad Rich who, at about 4:19 a.m. on Sunday, July 10, 2016, was shot and killed in the 2100 block of Flagler Place NW in Washington, DC. The D.C. Metropolitan Police Department posted its customary reward of $25,000 for information about Rich’s death; WikiLeaks has a $20,000 reward for information leading to a conviction. Rich’s murder remains unsolved. (See “WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange: murdered DNC staffer was source of leaked DNC emails”)
(5) The CIA
In a for-subscribers-only post on October 17, 2016, Wayne Madsen — author of the recently-published book, The Almost Classified Guide to CIA Front Companies, Proprietaries & Contractors — claims that he was told by “top Republican Party sources not connected with the Donald Trump presidential campaign” that the CIA, not Russia, “has been conducting unprecedented interference in the 2016 campaigns for the presidency and Congress,” which Madsen calls “unparalleled in U.S. electoral history.”
The CIA’s code name for its clandestine interference in the 2016 election is “The Wave” — meaning “a wave” of Democrat victories on November 8.
To support his claim, Madsen makes the following points:
- The CIA favors Hillary Clinton, who has the endorsement of top retired CIA officials — former acting CIA director Mike Morrel; former CIA and National Security Agency director Michael Hayden (who said Hillary would be a better president than the “incoherent” Trump); former CIA director David Petraeus (who wrote an op-ed for The Washington Post last May that condemned Trump’s rhetoric without mentioning Trump’s name: “inflammatory political discourse . . . has become far too common both at home and abroad against Muslims and Islam.”); and former CIA director Robert Gates. The only former CIA director who has publicly endorsed Trump is James Woolsey, who describes himself as a life-long Democrat. Woolsey was Bill Clinton’s first CIA director. Bill fired Woolsey in December 1994 after CIA officer Aldrich Ames was revealed to be a Soviet spy.
- But the CIA wants Trump as the GOP presidential candidate because Trump, whose “embarrassing skeletons are well known to the CIA,” is “the best opportunity for the Democrats to retain the White House and decisively win back control of the U.S. Senate and, quite possibly, the House of Representatives.”
- Ohio was the one state where CIA operatives were unsuccessful in ensuring a Trump victory in the GOP primaries. Kasich won his home state’s primary and the state capital of Columbus serves as a GOP bulwark against Trump forces — comprised of Kasich, Ohio Republican chairman Matt Borges, Senator Rob Portman who is running for re-election, and state auditor Dave Yost. It was the CIA’s interference in Ohio that “showed its hand in the state,” which “became known to an inner circle of Republicans, both current and former office holders.” Presumably, those Republicans are Madsen’s informants.
- To ensure Trump’s defeat on November 8, a former CIA clandestine services officer, Evan McMullin, is running as an independent spoiler in normally solid-Republican Utah to siphon votes away from Trump. McMullin, a Mormon and a former banking executive for Goldman Sachs, is making a difference in Utah, which many polls now rate as a toss-up state between Trump and Clinton.
- Madsen: “Underlying the CIA subterfuge directed against the Ohio Republican Party are some recent suspicious and untimely deaths, including one individual who revealed the existence of ‘The Wave’ operation and two former Republican congressmen who may have been briefed on ‘The Wave.'” The suspicious deaths include:
- A female CIA officer, who retired to her native Ohio and first spoke to a select audience about the CIA’s involvement in the 2016 election, contracted a fatal form of cancer and died soon thereafter.
- Michael Oxley, a former Congressman (Ohio) who had served as an FBI agent and was the chairman of the House Financial Services Committee and House sponsor of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act that regulated Wall Street after the collapse of the CIA-linked Enron, died of lung cancer in McLean, Virginia, on January 1, 2016, a few weeks before the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primary. Oxley never smoked.
- Steve LaTourette, a 9-term Congressman (Ohio) and a close confidante of House Speaker John Boehner, died of pancreatic cancer at his home also in McLean, VA, on August 4, 2016. McLean is adjacent to CIA headquarters in Langley. In May 2015, LaTourette sued the federal government over a misdiagnosis of his cancer by U.S. Capitol doctors in 2012.
Madsen then makes the bold assertion that the CIA is “at the forefront of proffering intelligence” that Russia has been leaking hacked Democratic Party emails to WikiLeaks. All of this is actually “a ruse by the CIA to cover the tracks on its own interference in the election by running interference for Trump throughout the primaries” so as “to hand Hillary Clinton the White House and the Democrats the Congress with the gift-wrapping and ribbons supplied by the CIA.”
H/t Will Shanley and ZeroHedge
Interestingly, a new Rasmussen Reports poll found that most voters aren’t buying the story that the Russians are trying to manipulate the election for Donald Trump. Instead, 56% of Likely U.S. Voters believe it’s more likely that many in the media are working to get Clinton elected president. Only 26% believe Hillary-Obama’s accusation that the Russian government is working to get Trump elected; 18% are not sure.