If, for health reasons, Hillary Clinton drops out (or drops dead) from the presidential race, Bernie Sanders is the choice of most Democrats and most voters to replace her, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey conducted 3 days after Hillary’s collapse at a 9/11 memorial ceremony.
The national survey of 1,000 likely voters was conducted on September 14-15, 2016 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.
Those polled were asked this question:
If Hillary Clinton were forced to step down because of her health, who should take her place as the Democratic presidential nominee—Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Tim Kaine, or someone else?
Here are the survey’s findings:
- 48% of Likely Democratic Voters believe Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, Hillary’s primary rival, should be their party’s nominee if health issues forced Hillary out of the race.
- 22% pick Vice President Joe Biden.
- Only 14% opt for Hillary’s VP running-mate,Virginia Senator Tim Kaine.
- 9% of Democrats think it shouldn’t be Sanders, Biden or Kaine, but someone else.
Some other findings of the Rasmussen Reports survey:
- 36% of all likely voters (i.e., not just Democrats) choose Sanders; 20% Biden; 14% Kaine; 21% someone else.
- Incredibly, 46% of all voters believe the media is giving too much coverage to Clinton’s health issues; 28% say there’s not enough coverage; 21% say the level of coverage is about right.
- Not surprisingly, 63% of Democrats think there is too much coverage of Clinton’s health problems, compared with 35% (that many!) of Republicans and 39% of independents or unaffiliated.
- While most Republicans and unaffiliated voters think a candidate’s health is an important voting issue, the majority of Democrats disagree (unless, of course, if it’s Donald Trump who’s displaying signs of ill health).
So most Democrats want millionaire Bernie Sanders — the self-described socialist who claims to speak for the 99% and rants against the super rich one-percent — to replace Hillary?
You mean the socialist Bernie who, 5 days after the Democratic National Convention in which he sold out his supporters by enthusiastically endorsing Hillary, bought a third home — a $600,000 Lake Champlain beachfront estate?
As reported by Sacha Goldstein for Seven Days: Vermont’s Independent Voice, on August 2, 2016, Bernie closed the purchase for a $600,000 lakefront summer home in North Hero, Vermont. The home has four bedrooms and 500 feet of Lake Champlain beachfront on the east side of the island.
Bernie intends to use his new lakefront home “seasonally” as he and his wife Jane also own a row house on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., and a house in Burlington, VT.
When she was president, Jane Sanders saddled Burlington College with $10 million in debt from an ill-advised real estate purchase of 32 acres of prime lakefront land, which eventually led to the closure of the college last May.
Bernie and his supporters really should look up the definition of “hypocrite”:
A person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
- Wealth-bashing Bernie Sanders is a millionaire
- Vermont college once led by Bernie Sanders’ wife to close due to debt
- Supporters of socialist Bernie Sanders can’t define socialism
- Bernie sells out; endorses one-percenter Hillary Clinton
- Bernie Sanders to supporters: ‘Suckers! I’ll vote for Hillary’
- Democratic National Convention calls SWAT team on Bernie delegates
- Bernie Sanders threatened with loss of Senate committee position if he didn’t endorse Hillary
- Satanists endorse Bernie Sanders for President
- Why you should be concerned that the largest U.S. nursing association endorses socialist pro-euthanasia Bernie Sanders for President
- University’s mock election predicts Bernie Sanders will be next president