This would be funny if it weren’t so outrageous.
The private security firm that had employed Orlando gay club shooter Omar Mateen since 2007, is an outfit called G4S Security Solutions USA, which claims to be the world’s leading security contractor with operations in more than 100 countries and 610,000 employees, including 50,000 Americans.
It turns out D4S has a $234 million contract with the Obama administration’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to, among other things, identify suspected terrorists trying to enter the U.S. — all while Mateen, a Muslim terrorist who killed 50 and wounded another 53 at the Pulse gay club in Orlando, Florida, was right under their nose.
Talk about a case of fox guarding the hen house!
To top it off, the clueless G4S also provides security for 90% of America’s nuclear facilities!
Paul Sperry, New York Post columnist and author of INFILTRATION: How Muslim Spies and Subversives Have Penetrated Washington, writes for Counter Jihad, June 13, 2016, that “The Orlando nightclub terrorist who pledged allegiance to ISIS worked almost a decade for a major Department of Homeland Security contractor, raising alarms that ISIS sympathizers and agents have infiltrated the federal agency set up after 9/11 to combat terrorists.”
Orlando shooter Omar Mir Seddique Mateen, an Afghan-American who held two firearms licenses and a security officer license, was employed by the security firm G4S Secure Solutions USA Inc. since Sept. 10, 2007.
After 9/11, G4S, based in Jupiter, Florida, merged with the Wackenhut Corp. and became the first contract security company to received designation and certification by DHS.
Through the U.S. General Services Administration, the company supplies federal agencies with guards, detention officers, court security officers, baggage handlers, security clerks, and prisoner bus and van drivers in contracts worth hundreds of millions of dollars. The security company’s contract with DHS alone amounts to more than $234 million. In addition to the DHS, G4S has contracts with the Departments of State, Interior, Labor, Justice, and Energy; the IRS; Drug Enforcement Administration; U.S. Army; U.S. Air Force; and NASA.
G4S’s contracted tasks for the federal government include:
- Identify “suspected terrorists” trying to enter the U.S.
- Provide “support” to DHS and Customs and Border Protection (CPB) with their operations at the U.S.-Mexican border.
- Work with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to transport illegal immigrants in fortified buses from city to city and from cities to the US-Mexican border. (Source: G4S’s “Providing Manpower Solutions for Government Services” brochure.) Judicial Watch, however, discovered that G4S has been quietly moving and releasing van loads of illegal aliens away from the border to interior American cities. The illegals were mostly Central Americans but possibly also from the Middle East and Pakistan.
- Provide security guards and other security services for 90 percent of U.S. nuclear facilities.
- Help the federal government with emergency security responses to “terror threats.”
It’s not clear if Omar Mateen worked on any federal contracts or dealt with federal inmates. It’s also not immediately known if he had federal security clearances, or what kind of security background check G4S administered before hiring Mateen. Company brochure says security officers “are subjected to a stringent background investigation” that includes psychological, background and criminal screening.” However, one of Mateen’s jobs was to help transport and guard state and local prisoner youths in Florida, despite reports he openly praised ISIS in conversations with co-workers, and even though he had been under federal investigation for terrorism ties since at least 2013.
In a 2012 company newsletter, G4S congratulated Mateen for five years of service. Attempts to reach G4S representatives Sunday were unsuccessful.
It’s not the first time a federal contractor has employed a major Islamic terrorist.
In 2008, Charlotte, N.C.-based Convergys Corp. came under fire for employing 22-year-old Sami Khan, a Muslim computer operator who openly maintained a jihadist website featuring grisly images of American soldiers blown up by al-Qaida terrorists overseas which he said “bring great happiness to me.” Convergys at the time had landed a $2.5 billion federal contract to set up emergency communications centers in the event to terrorist attacks and other disasters. Khan turned out to be an al-Qaida operative. He was killed in 2011 in a U.S. drone strike in Yemen.
H/t John Molloy
- Orlando gay-club shooter is also an actor!
- A Muslim kills Orlando gays, but Florida bishop blames Catholics
- Orlando gay-club shooting: The pieces that don’t fit
- Orlando gay-club shooting shows failure of government on every level
- Worst mass shooting in U.S. history: Florida killer is liberal media’s worst nightmare