France has had enough of the Calais camp (aka “The Jungle”) and is tearing it down.
The camp on France’s northern shore, at the other end of the Chunnel that connects to the UK, is home to thousands of
refugees and migrants invaders hoping to make the transit to Britain — a transit that the Brits are blocking.
As The Guardian reports, the authorities began dismantling the makeshift homes yesterday, but no one seems very clear on exactly where the invaders are supposed to go, most are staying put and protesting, joined by “political activists” from the British group No Borders, which campaigns against immigration controls.
Chaotic scenes erupted near the camp, after recently evicted invaders threw rocks at passing trucks on the highway. A large deployment of police were called to the scene who attempted to disperse the invaders using flash grenades and tear gas.
Meanwhile, the invaders set fire to the camp:
The Calais prefecture had fought and finally won a court battle to demolish the camp. The local government says it wants people to move either into an adjoining compound of converted shipping containers, or to take buses to accommodation centers elsewhere in France.
The Guardian says almost every
migrant invader spoken to yesterday said they want to remain in the Calais area. A man from Darfur said, “I will stay here. I don’t want to go to England any more, just stay here.” A Pakistani man said, “If I can stay, I stay. Or I try a new place near.”
Scenarios like Calais may be coming to the United States, given the betrayal of Obama, Congress, rabbis and ministers. See:
- Europe’s “refugee” crisis is coming to America: 10,000 Syrians already here; Obama plans to bring in many times more
- Betrayal: GOP funds Planned Parenthood, Syrian ‘refugees’ and amnesty for illegals
- 1,216 rabbis sign letter to lobby Congress to welcome ‘refugees’
- Despicable: Evangelical leaders use ‘Jesus was a refugee’ to lobby Congress
- State governors refuse Syrian refugees, 98% Muslim, who get staggeringly generous services from taxpayers
- Trump calls Obama ‘insane’ to flood U.S. with Syrian refugees