The officials in charge in the town of Keil, Germany have gone full-blown insane.
Police in a German town were ordered not to prosecute migrants for certain crimes – just two months before the New Year’s Eve sex attacks in Cologne, it has emerged.
The guidelines were issued by the police directorate in the town in October 2015 just months before hundreds of women reported being robbed and molested by migrants in Cologne on December 31. German police have now been accused of ‘surrendering’ in the face of refugee crime.
Documents published by the Bild newspaper show that an official guideline issued by the police directorate in Kiel in October 2015 let asylum seekers effectively live outside the laws of the land when it comes to minor theft and criminal damage.
Officers were told there was little chance of success because so many of the arrivals in Germany do not have papers, and often if they do, they are false.
Kiel decided that the costs of pursuing asylum seekers for these low-level offences were too high, the chances of success in court too low. Kiel’s police authority stated that its guidelines should become a ‘statewide applicable rule’ whereby ‘simple/low-threshold offences (shoplifting/vandalism)’ by migrants should not be followed up because of the low chance of identifying suspects and gaining a successful prosecution. But ‘higher order’ offences are to be treated the same, ‘especially serious cases of theft and personal injury,’ regardless of whether the perpetrator is a German citizen or a refugee.
The guidelines were sent as a circular to all police stations in Kiel urging restraint if the ID of a migrant suspect could not be ascertained within 12 hours of a crime being reported.
Under pressure after the document surfaced, Kiel’s police authority said a new circular dated December 23 last year made the earlier one ‘outdated’ – but media reports that it contains no references to petty crimes.
Read the whole story here.