In a post on June 5, 2014, C. W. Wade of SandyHookFacts.com announced that the website and that of Lenny Pozner (father of alleged child victim Noah Pozner), LenPoz.com, were releasing the death certificate of Adam Lanza, the alleged mass murderer of 20 first-graders and 6 adults at the Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14, 2012, in Newtown, Connecticut.
Below is the image of Adam Lanza’s death certificate, dated 1/3/2013. I circled in red the 12/14/2012 date of death and the peculiar skewed signature of Newtown town clerk Debbie Aurelia (why is her signature sprawled out of the box?).
↓click image to enlarge↓
Aurelia had refused Freedom of Information (FOI) requests from media and other sources seeking copies of the death certificates of Lanza and his victims, although death certificates are considered vital public records and historically available for public scrutiny. Aurelia justified her denial on the grounds of preventing identity theft and protecting the privacy of the deceased and their families.
On June 18, 2013, the death certificates were released in a belated response to a Freedom of Information request filed by The New York Post.
The Post explains that the State of Connecticut’s Freedom of Information Commission “sided with The Post, maintaining the documents were public record.” In spite of efforts by Aurelia and the state legislature to pass bills to block the release of the death certificates, the bills “never made it to a vote in the Legislature, paving the way for the release of the documents.” (One bill was passed, banning the release of photos and videos of murder victims.)
But neither The Post nor other newspapers that reported on the release published any of the death certificates, not one. Thus far, only two certificates have been published:
- That of Noah Pozner, released by his father Lenny, and published by C. W. Wade on SandyHookFacts.com on May 12, 2013.
- Adam Lanza’s death certificate, also published on SandyHookFacts.com.
In other words, the public have not seen the remaining 26 death certificates — those of Nancy Lanza and the 19 children and 6 adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
C. W. Wade claimed that since Lanza’s death certificate lists his date of death as December 14, 2012, and was certified by Aurelia, who filed the certificate on January 3, 2013, this refutes the “gimmick” of “the hoaxer community” (Sandy Hook skeptics) who claimed there is a discrepancy because the Social Security Death Index had listed Lanza as having died on December 13, 2012.
What Wade derisively calls a “gimmick” of “the hoaxer community” is no gimmick, nor is it something contrived by Sandy Hook skeptics. As I had reported in a post, on January 20, 2013, I went on GenealogyBank.com and confirmed a net rumor that Adam Lanza’s Social Security Death Index was listed as December 13, 2012 — a day before the massacre. Here’s a screenshot I took of the SSDI record on GenealogyBank.com, as proof in case the site scrubs the page.
↓click image to enlarge↓
- I took the screenshot at 2:29 pm, 1/20/2013 (see bottom right of image).
- SSDI says “Confirmation” is “Proven.”
The information of Lanza’s strange 12/13/2012 SSDI went viral.
13 days later, on Feb. 2, 2013, I discovered that GenealogyBank.com had changed Adam Lanza’s SSDI to December 14, 2012. (See “SSDI changed Adam Lanza’s date-of-death from Dec. 13 to Dec. 14, 2012 !!!.”)
However, another genealogy website, Ancestry.com, was slower on the take and still had Lanza’s SSDI as Dec. 13, 2012, days after GenealogyBank.com had made the change to Dec. 14. (See “Ancestry.com still has Adam Lanza’s date-of-death as a day before the Sandy Hook massacre”)
Despite Adam Lanza’s 12/14/2012 death date on his alleged death certificate, the matter is not settled.
John Greenewald, Jr., of the website The Black Vault, obtained a Statement of Death by the Funeral Director for Adam Lanza, which shows his date-of-death as Dec. 13, 2012. Greenewald explains:
As part of the research effort, The Black Vault filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for all documents relating to Adam P. Lanza, his death, and the social security record. Almost two months later, a response was received.
The Social Security Administration sent Greenewald two pages, both statements of death for Lanza by the funeral director.
The first, dated 1/15/13, showed Adam P. Lanza’s death occurred on 12/13/12; the day prior to the shooting.The second document, dated 1/24/13, showed Lanza’s death as 12/14/12, with a handwritten statement at the top, “Amended 1/24/13” and the initials “SMO.”
- A letter to Greenewald from Social Security Administration’s FOI officer, Dawn S. Wiggins, dated March 18, 2013 — 3 months before the New York Post received the death certificates of Adam Lanza and his victims.
- A Statement of Death by Funeral Director for Adam Lanza, dated 1/15/2013, showing Lanza’s date of death as 12/13/2012. The funeral director is listed as Suzanne M. Ouellette of Brookside Chapel and Funeral Home, 116 Main St., Plaistow, NH 03865. (Brookside’s “About Us” web page, however, says its funeral director is Mr. Francis J. Berube, Jr. Suzanne Ouellette is identified on LinkedIn as a secretary at Brookside.)
- An amended Statement of Death by Funeral Director for Adam Lanza, dated 1/24/2013, with Lanza’s date of death changed to 12/14/2012. This document was also signed by Ouellette.
You can also view the documents for yourself here.
From the beginning, nothing about Sandy Hook is transparent or straight-forward. Instead, everything about this alleged massacre has been complicated, convoluted, secretive and shadowy.
So, which document should we believe? —
- The original Statement of Death by Funeral Director for Adam Lanza, dated January 15, 2013, which listed Lanza’s date of death as Dec. 13, 2012, or
- Adam Lanza’s death certificate, signed by town clerk Debbie Aurelia on January 3, 2013 — with her signature sprawling out of the box (who signs an official document like that?) — which lists Lanza’s date of death as Dec. 14, 2012.
What do you think?
For the links to all the posts FOTM has published on Sandy Hook, go to our “Sandy Hook Massacre” page.
A reader Auntie Lulu asked a very good question about whether Debbie Aurelia’s home also was acquired for $0, with a sale date of December 25, 2009 when all government offices were closed, like the homes of Sandy Hook victims and those of the town’s three selectmen and non-victims Gene Rosen, the Phelps, and the Wasiks who made themselves readily available for TV interviews. (See “The strange purchase date and price of Sandy Hook homes” and “Sandy Hook: The girl who doesn’t exist and her parents’ $0 home”).
So I found Aurelia’s address and looked it up on Vision Government Solutions, which says her home at 23 Cherry St., Sandy Hook, CT, are co-owned by William Halstead, Sr. & Debbie Aurelia Halstead. There are two sale dates:
- 12/25/2009: no price listed
- 10/02/2014: sale price $0
Here’s the screenshot I took of the Vision Government Solutions page. In the lower right corner are the date and time when I took the screenshot. I painted the red boxes and the red arrow.
↓Click image below to enlarge↓