noun: hypocrisy; plural noun: hypocrisies
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one’s own behavior does not conform; pretense.
During his speech before Congress on Thursday, Sept. 24, 2015, Pope Francis lectured to Americans to embrace Middle East and North African “migrants” seeking to come into America.
“Our world is facing a refugee crisis of a magnitude not seen since the second World War,” USA Today quotes Francis, including “thousands of persons (who) are led to travel north in search of a better life We must not be taken aback by their numbers, but rather view them as persons, seeing their faces and listening to their stories, trying to respond as best we can to their situation. To respond in a way which is always humane, just and fraternal. We need to avoid a common temptation nowadays: to discard whatever proves troublesome.”
Vatican City, officially the Vatican City State, is a walled enclave of approximately 110 acres and a population of 842 within the city of Rome. The smallest internationally recognized independent state in the world, it is an ecclesiastical or sacerdotal-monarchical state ruled by the Bishop of Rome – the Pope.
Being separated from the city, on the west bank of the Tiber river, the area was an outcrop of the city that was protected by being included within the walls of Leo IV (847–55), and later expanded by the current fortification walls, built under Paul III (1534–49), Pius IV (1559–65) and Urban VIII (1623–44). (Wikipedia)
Here’s a scale model of Vatican City which is in the Vatican Museum:
And here are some pics of Vatican City’s massive walls. From the looks of the walls, I estimate them to be 36 to 40 feet tall.
On Sept. 18, Vatican Radio said Vatican City’s Santa Anna parish community took in ONE Syrian refugee family, consisting of a father, mother and their two children — members of the Melkite Greek Catholic Church in Damascus, Syria, who had arrived in Italy on September 6, the very same day when Pope Francis urged Europeans to open their doors to refugees. The Syrian family is living in an apartment belonging to the Vatican in the vicinity of St Peter’s Basilica.
- Pot calls kettle black: Pope Francis chastises pastors for talking too much
- Radical homosexual priest appointed to Vatican says gay sex can express Jesus’ ‘self-gift‘
- Pope Francis praises homosexual children’s book
- The Rotten Fruits of Pope Francis: church schism, conservative rebellion, and approval of Iran nuke deal
- The Illegitimate Pope: Election of Jorge Bergoglio as Pope Francis was contaminated by lobbying in violation of papal laws
- Pope Francis goes after gun makers
- Pope Francis calls for a new global authority to combat ‘climate change’
- Pope Francis calls again for wealth redistribution, while U.S. archbishops live in palatial homes
- NY cardinal who lives tax-free in $30M mansion scolds Americans for being against illegal immigration