Yesterday, Aug. 20, 2015, a brief online article of National Enquirer claims that:
With her 2016 presidential campaign in full swing, Hillary Clinton is hiding two shocking health secrets – multiple sclerosis and a series of strokes!
In a bombshell exclusive, The National ENQUIRER has learned the 67-year-old Democratic front-runner is suffering from the early stages of the debilitating disease MS.
What’s more, sources said the medical troubles could prevent her from ever making it to the Oval Office!
Before you dismiss the Enquirer as a trashy supermarket tabloid, recall that it was the Enquirer that alone pursued and broke the scandalous story of 2004 Democratic vice presidential nominee and former U.S. senator John Edwards’ adulterous affair and “love child” with political groupie Rielle Hunter. For that, the Enquirer was nominated for a Pulitzer award.
Nor is what the Enquirer claims so far-fetched.
I had discussed Hillary’s known health issues in my blog post of May 18, 2015, “Ophalmologist says Hillary’s thick glasses were for double vision from ‘severe head trauma’“.
On December 10, 2013, then secretary of state Hillary canceled a trip because of an unspecified illness described by the State Department as being merely “under the weather.” Over the course of days, her office doled out more details, drip by drip:
- On December 13, we were told that sometime early in the week of December 9, Hillary had fainted and fallen in her home, and suffered a “not severe” concussion.
- Two days later on December 15, a State Dept. spokesman said that Hillary, “while suffering from a stomach virus,” became “dehydrated and fainted, sustaining a concussion,” after which she was recovering at home and being monitored regularly by her doctors. Hillary also informed the Senate and House Foreign Relations Committees that she wouldn’t be testifying at their respective hearings on Benghazi, leading some to speculate that her fall was a case of “blue flu.”
- 5 days later, on December 20, Hillary’s condition seemed to have worsened because she canceled all travel plans through mid-January.
- 10 days later, on Dec. 30, 2013, we were told that her doctors had discovered a blood clot “stemming from the concussion” and that she was hospitalized at New York-Presbyterian Hospital and being treated with anti-coagulants. We were assured that the blood clot did not result in a stroke or neurological damage.
- On Jan. 7, a month after her fall, we were told Hillary had returned to work and that she was “fully recovered,” although she did not make a public appearance until 2 days later at a photo-op with the U.S. ambassador to Ireland, on Jan. 9.
- Despite her having “full recovered,” 2 weeks later, on Jan. 23, Hillary testified on the Hill about Benghazi, wearing thick glasses instead of her usual contact lenses. Her spokesman vaguely explained that the glasses were “as a result of the concussion” and that she would be wearing the glasses “for a period of time because of lingering issues stemming from her concussion.” She would continue to wear those thick glasses for 19 days.
- On May 14, 2014, reacting to Karl Rove’s wondering about whether his wife had suffered brain damage from her fall 5 months ago, Bill Clinton admitted that Hillary had sustained injury that “required six months of very serious work to get over,” but insisted Hillary was fine now. He stressed that “It’s something she never low-balled with the American people, never tried to pretend it didn’t happen,” which of course isn’t true, as you can see from the above timeline.
New York ophthalmologist Dr. Mark Werner tolds Fox News that the special glasses Hillary was wearing are Fresnel prism eyeglasses that are used to treat double vision, which is sometimes caused by severe head trauma.
Attorney Jay B. Gaskill writes in his blog post of Aug. 20, 2015:
We are now informed that she has been living with significant medical issues…that Hillary Clinton is prone to blood clotting and fainting spells. She is, to put it plainly, a stroke risk….
Mrs. Clinton’s medical records also reveal at least two earlier blood clot incidents (in 1998 and 2008). After her release from the hospital [in 2013], Hillary Clinton was seeing double for at least two weeks. Double vision often accompanies a severe head injury….
Because of Mrs. Clinton’s continuing risk of further blood clotting, she was placed on high-potency blood thinners (Coumadin) for the rest of her life….
Another credible story has surfaced: Mrs. Clinton will eventually require heart valve replacement surgery. If true, she should undergo periodic tests. When or if open heart surgery is performed, Mrs. Clinton’s Coumadin doses will be stopped for about two weeks prior to the procedure. Stopping Coumadin raises the risk of a blood clot, even a stroke for someone with her profile. If we assume her open heart surgery is successful, a rapid, full recovery is not a slam dunk outcome.
So far, reporters have been given only one report – from Dr. Lisa Bardack, Hillary Clinton’s personal physician since 2001. The cardiologist, Dr. Allan Schwartz of New York Presbyterian Hospital where Mrs. Clinton was treated for the “potentially life-threatening blood clot”…When approached by reporters for more information, Dr. Schwartz declined. Mrs. Clinton has not yet released her full, pertinent medical history. Nor will she, in my opinion….
One can reasonably conclude from all this that Mrs. Clinton presents a high-risk profile for someone in her 50’s, let alone someone who will turn 70 in 2017, the year the new president takes office. If it were you or me, no life insurance agency would issue us a policy….
A medical risk profile like Hillary’s can reasonably justify voting for a different candidate on health grounds alone. But Republican candidates are not likely to raise it, fearing a partisan-feminist backlash….
UPDATE (Sept. 22, 2015):
Radar Online has an article with shocking photos of an old, worn-out, and sickly Hillary. According to Edward Klein’s forthcoming book, Unlikeable — The Problem with Hillary, “political insiders” say Hillary is tired, depressed, and plagued by “blinding headaches,” bouts of insomnia, and “near-fainting spells” on the campaign trail which are kept secret.