The 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees citizenship to every child born in America. Section 1 of Amendment XIV says:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.
That law is being widely abused.
The above CBS news video says:
- 300,000 babies born every year in the Untied [sic] States are born to mothers who are here illegally.
- 40% of the babies in McAllen Texas Medical Center are born to illegals. The Center has delivered babies from women still wet from swimming across the Mexican-U.S. border. U.S. hospitals are mandated to treat all emergency room patients.
- Fabiola, a Mexican woman illegally crossed the Mexican border into the U.S. when she was 6 months pregnant for the express purpose of giving birth here so that her child is a U.S. citizen by virtue of the 14th Amendment. Via her “anchor baby,” Fabiola no longer needs fear being deported. She will also become a U.S. citizen herself by having her anchor baby be her sponsor. To add insult upon injury, she gave birth to her anchor baby via a $47,000 C-section that was paid for by U.S. taxpayers.
- Nor is Fabiola alone. She said on camera that many Mexican women do the same thing.
- Each year,
the governmenttaxpayers spend $1.1 billion on the health care of illegals.
Donald Trump has published a position paper entitled “Immigration Reform That Will Make America Great Again.” It is available on the Trump campaign website, here.
In an article for American Thinker, Alan Wall summarizes the Trump plan:
- Triple the number of ICE [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] officers.
- Nationwide e-verify.
- Mandatory return of criminal aliens.
- Detention, not catch-and-release.
- Defund sanctuary cities.
- Enhanced penalties for overstaying a visa.
- Cooperate with local gang task forces.
- End birthright citizenship.
Wall left out a #9 to Trump’s immigration reform plan:
9. Build a wall — a massive, impenetrable wall along the U.S.-Mexico border to keep out illegals “immigrants”. Trump says seismic and other equipment could detect and stop any underground tunnels to circumvent the wall. (Washington Post)
Orly Taitz, Esq., maintains that cancelling U.S. financial aid to Mexico for just one year would pay for the wall.
Mexico is one of the top 10 recipients of U.S. foreign aid — $757.7 million in fiscal year 2010. That figure does not include the $millions more that the U.S. is helping Mexico save by taking any and all Mexicans who illegally crosses the border.
H/t Gateway Pundit
See also Obama’s insidious plan to use immigrants to eventually take over America, their unwitting host: “190 U.S. cities are hosts to immigrant ‘seedlings’ to create ‘a country within a country’“.