1. Oathkeepers and “thousands of armed militia” from several states are en route or have arrived to support Cliven Bundy against the federal Bureau of Land Management.
2. An Oathkeeper from Arkansas says some of the armed BLM feds surrounding Cliven Bundy’s ranch in Clark County, Nevada, speak with an accent — a Russian accent.
3. Washington Times reports that militia groups have joined in and taken up spots against the feds who’ve circled Bundy’s land — and the militia are not afraid to open fire. A spokesman for the one of the militia groups told local 8 News Now he’s not “afraid to shoot.”
4. Infowars reports that Clark County Commissioner Tom Collins is fanning the flames, saying that people planning to travel to Nevada to support Bundy in his standoff against the feds “better have funeral plans.” This is what the jerk looks like:
5. As some FOTM readers had suspected, Harry Reid (D-NV) is behind the BLM’s land grab. Infowars reports that:
The Bureau of Land Management, whose director was Sen. Harry Reid’s (D-Nev.) former senior adviser, has purged documents from its web site stating that the agency wants Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy’s cattle off of the land his family has worked for over 140 years in order to make way for solar panel power stations.
Deleted from BLM.gov but reposted for posterity by the Free Republic, the BLM document entitled “Cattle Trespass Impacts” directly states that Bundy’s cattle “impacts” solar development, more specifically the construction of “utility-scale solar power generation facilities” on “public lands.” …
Back in 2012, the New American reported that Harry Reid’s son, Rory Reid, was the chief representative for a Chinese energy firm planning to build a $5-billion solar plant on public land in Laughlin, Nevada.
All signs point to the standoff being volatile and worsening. Some sane person in authority, like Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval or Sen. Dean Heller, should intervene to defuse this increasingly incendiary situation.
H/t FOTM’s swampygirl and CSM.