A Resounding Rebuke and Rejection of Obama, the Democratic Party, and the Liberal Media.
In spite of all the voter fraud, the illicit voting by non-U.S. citizens, the undisguised partisanship of the establishment media (did you see the grim faces of Bob Sheiffer, et al., last night?), the real American People turned out in droves to vote.
And the American People spoke.
Exit polling in Illinois showed Obama has only a 50% approval rating in his home state. More Illinois voters (one-third) “strongly disapprove” than “strongly approve” (23%) of Obama. Nationally, Obama’s approval ratings vary from 42% to 45%. (Source)
Republicans need 51 seats for a majority in the Senate.
Republican 52 (gained 7; lost 0)
Democrat 43 (gained 0; lost 7)
GOP needs 218 to keep its majority in the House.
Republican 242 (gained 14; lost 1)
Democrat 174 (gained 1; lost 14)
Governors (from East to West):
- Maine: Gov. LePage reelected.
- Massachusetts: C. Baker
- Maryland: L. Hogan
- Ohio: Gov. Kasich reelected.
- South Carolina: Gov. N. Haley reelected.
- Georgia: Gov. N. Deal reelected.
- Florida: Gov. Rick Scott reelected.
- Alabama: Gov. R. Bentley reelected.
- Tennessee: Gov. B. Haslam reelected.
- Michigan: Gov. R. Snyder reelected.
- Wisconsin: Gov. Scott Walker, despite all the attacks and demonization by public unions, is reelected.
- Iowa: Gov. T. Branstad reelected.
- Arkansas: A. Hutchinson.
- Texas: G. Abbott wins 59.3% vs. “Abortion Barbie” Wendy Davis 38.9% (98.8% precincts reporting)
- Oklahoma: Gov. M. Fallin reelected.
- Kansas: Gov. Sam Brownback reelected.
- Nebraska: P. Ricketts.
- South Dakota: Gov. D. Daugaard reelected.
- Wyoming: Gov. M. Mead reelected.
- New Mexico: Gov. S. Martinez reelected.
- Arizona: D. Ducey.
- Nevada: Gov. Brian Sandoval, who stood up for rancher Bundy against the federal govt., reelected by a huge majority of 70.6% vs. 23.9% (95.5% of precincts reporting)
- Idaho: Gov. B. Otter reelected
- New Hampshire: Gov. M. Hassan reelected.
- Rhode Island: G. Raimondo.
- New York: Gov. Cuomo reelected.
- Pennsylvania: T. Wolf.
- Minnesota: Gov. M. Dayton reelected.
- Oregon: Gov. Kitzhaber reelected 48.8% vs. 45.9% (77.6% precincts reporting)
- California: Gov. Jerry Brown reelected.
- Hawaii: D. Ige.
- Vermont: Gov. P. Shumlin (D) 46.46% vs. 45.2% (97.1% of precincts reporting)
- Connecticut: Gov. Malloy (D) 50.7% vs. 48.3% (90.4% reporting)
- Colorado: Gov. Hickenlooper (D) 48.1% vs. 47.4% (92.4% reporting)
- Alaska: B. Walker (D) 48% vs. 46.6% (96.8% reporting)
Message to the GOP:
This election is not an endorsement of the Republican Party, but a rejection of the Democrats. The American People voted for Republicans only because we are stuck with a two-party system of either/or.
One of the first things you should do is get rid of that traitorous Consent Decree the Republican National Committee made with your Demonrat counterpart in 1982, in which the GOP consented to neither prevent nor challenge vote fraud. See “Why the GOP won’t challenge vote fraud“.
You have two years to show you deserve our votes.
If you betray our votes, we will come after you in 2016.