Why were Catholic priests turned away from Boston bombing victims?

One of the most moving images from 9/11 is this photo of New York firefighters, a policeman, and two civilians carrying the body of Father Mychal Judge amidst the choking dust and debris of what, just moments ago, had been the World Trade Center.

Fr Mychal Judge

Mychal F. Judge, OFM, was a Roman Catholic priest of the Franciscan Order and a chaplain of the Fire Department of New York. Judge was also the first certified fatality of the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Upon hearing the news that the World Trade Center had been hit, Judge rushed to the site where he administered the last rites to the dead and dying, as well as offered aid and prayers for the rescuers, the injured and dead. When the South Tower collapsed at 9:59 am, debris went flying through the North Tower lobby, killing many inside, including Judge.

Then was then, and now is now.

Twelve years after 9/11 at the site of another terrorist attack — the Boston Marathon bombings on April 15, 2013 — instead of being welcomed to administer last rites and comfort the injured, priests were turned away.

Jennifer Graham writes for the Wall Street Journal, April 25, 2013, that the heart-wrenching photographs taken in the moments after the Boston Marathon bombings show the blue-and-yellow jackets of volunteers, police officers, fire fighters, emergency medical technicians, even a three-foot-high blue M&M. Conspicuously absent are any clerical collars or images of pastoral care.

This was not for lack of proximity. Close to the bombing site are Trinity Episcopal Church, Old South Church and St. Clement Eucharistic Shrine, all on Boylston Street. When the priests at St. Clement’s, three blocks away, heard the explosions, they gathered sacramental oils and hurried to the scene in hopes of anointing the injured and, if necessary, administering last rites, the final of seven Catholic sacraments. But the priests, who belong to the order Oblates of the Virgin Mary, weren’t allowed at the scene.

The Rev. John Wykes, director of the St. Francis Chapel at Boston’s soaring Prudential Center, and the Rev. Tom Carzon, rector of Our Lady of Grace Seminary, were among the priests who were turned away right after the bombings.

It was jarring for Father Wykes, who, as a hospital chaplain in Illinois a decade ago, was never denied access to crime or accident scenes. He said, “I was allowed to go anywhere. In Boston, I don’t have that access. Priests are no longer considered to be emergency responders.”

Father Carzon, the seminary rector, said he was “disappointed” when he wasn’t allowed at the scene of the bombing. “Once it was clear we couldn’t get inside, we came back here to St. Clement’s, set up a table with water and oranges and bananas to serve people, and helped people however we could.” By that point, spectators and runners who had been unable to finish the marathon were wandering around, frightened, disoriented, confused and cold. Father Carzon was able to minister to a runner who wasn’t injured but had assisted a bystander with catastrophic injuries. Two hours later, the runner, a Protestant, was still walking around the area in shock and disbelief.

“He came over, and said, ‘You’re a priest, I need to talk to someone, I need to talk,’ and he was able to pour out some of the story of what had happened,” Father Carzon said. “Then there was an off-duty firefighter who was there as a spectator, and he, too, got pushed out of the perimeter, and he ended up here to pray. There was a feeling of helplessness we had when we couldn’t get close. But doing the little that we could—putting out a table with water and fruit, being there—I realize how much that ‘little’ was able to do.”

It is a poignant irony that Martin Richard, the 8-year-old boy who died on Boylston Street, was a Catholic who had received his first Communion just last year. As Martin lay dying, priests were only yards away, beyond the police tape, unable to reach him to administer last rites—a sacrament that, to Catholics, bears enormous significance.

The Boston Police Department did not respond to a request for comment on its policy regarding clergy at the scenes of emergencies.

Update (May 18, 2015):

I wrote this post more than two years ago. Since then, so many anomalies have been noted about the Boston Marathon Bombing that legitimate questions must be asked about whether this incident was real.

With what I now know about the incident, I am no longer perplexed, as I was two years ago, by why priests were barred from ministering to the dead, dying, and injured at the bombing site. After all, if priests had been allowed, they would have discovered that the “victims” were all crisis actors. Recall that the authorities at the scene refused to give an explanation as to why priests were barred. I challenge you to come up with another explanation.

For all the posts we’ve published on this false flag, please go to our “Boston Marathon Bombings” page.

 

~Eowyn

Advertisements

26 responses to “Why were Catholic priests turned away from Boston bombing victims?

  1. This is a Catholic town! What could their reasons have been?

    Like

  2. This really ticks me off. Priest’s are always considered first responders.
    I know there is a grand scheme going on, but how does a Boston Irish cop say No to a Priest?

    Liked by 1 person

  3. Is there an unseen hand here, forcing the Boston police to stand aside? The Boston cops I know would not turn away a priest.

    Like

  4. Thank you Dr. Eowyn for this remarkable post. I cannot even fathom turning away Catholic priests to administer to the sick and dying! I believe there is more here than meets the eye, as set forth above in the comments. Dear Lord Jesus Christ, help us know the truth of what happened here!

    Like

  5. This must be looked into. It was an added insult to injury to this innocent and sweet child. It cannot be forgotten. If necessary…..get Joe Biden to investigate.

    Like

  6. This is so sad. Can’t believe it happened in Boston (well I can, America isn’t the same anymore.)

    Like

  7. oh our wonderful media asleep again

    Like

  8. 1wanderingtruthseeker

    I believe satan is running the show

    Like

  9. The priests were turned away from the so-called Boston massacre because nobody is actually dead or even hurt. It’s all sham like Sandy Hook. Now lights! Camera! Action!

    Like

  10. The priests would likely recognize it was a staged event and they were not in on it. Better to turn them away than to have to force their silence, imo.

    Like

  11. This is unbelievable. I cannot express the gravity of this incident in strong enough terms. I’m appalled to say the least. Did the police not realise how badly they denied these victims of their 1st Amendment rights as they lay dying? At least the Catholic victims. And of all places, Boston! Catholic Boston! Yes, as the writer above mentioned, this does need to be looked into. If they haven’t already, the Archdiocese of Boston needs to get busy and register a strong protest to the municipal authorities in hopes that this never happens again. They owe it to their parishoners to speak out against this, to my mind, blatant, agenda-driven act. I smell a rat. A leftist rat at that.

    Like

  12. Reblogged this on The Last Refuge and commented:
    There is no greater, more fearful injustice to a Catholic than to be denied Last Rites.

    Like

  13. Catholic priests were turned away to be sensitive to the Muslims in the area.

    Like

  14. Catholic Glasses

    It was another False Flag. Obama, Bush and Clintin were indicted for “war crimes” on Tax Day 2013. North Korea’s Kim Jung Un was paid off, by Dennis Rodman – to play along with Obama’s lies in the media, about him. Recall the weeks leading up to Tax Day Obama’s Gov’t Media lied, that North Korea’s President Kim Jung Un was going to blow up America on April 15, 2013. Actually, none of the news companies do investigative reporting anymore. They run Obama’s lies.

    Boston and WACO had FEMA Trucks and FEMA Crisis Actors preparing for a disaster. In Boston there was red paint on the sidewalks but no blood and guts. The man in a wheelchair was a crisis actor who really lost his leg in Afghanistan or Iraq. Having been a professional butcher and having worked around red paint laquer; I know the difference between the two. That was red paint on Boston’s streets. Also, Obama’s rush to condem, try and assassinate suspects without “Due Process” was a use of his new NDAA Law.

    Obama is responsible for all these US False Flags in this last year. His motis operandi is to scrap the US Constitution, and the Dollar, Marshall Law and Civil War with us. He equipped every Gov’t Agency to the teeth with ammo. Even SSA, of all things. Watch InfoWars, Gerald Celente, the Cobert Report (although his wife just had a baby).

    Worldwide currency and gov’t modeled after EU is the Bilderberg’s Plan. They are behind the Libor Scandal; so was Bush, Obama, Clinton and another presidential nominee.

    Robert Holmes was scheduled to testify last July 2012. But his acedemic son was set up as the “Patsy” for the Aurora Massacre, by Obama’s CIA Black Op. Jsmes Holmes was too drugged up, to stand up, for his arrest photo. All the news surrounding that incident was lies mixed with truth. The fact two gun men/or women were dressed in black and shooting in both Aurora and the Sihk Temple witnesses – is proof that the narrative of a lone gunman was a lie. Plan A in Boston was to frame a “conservative” group for it. When Alex Jones of Info Wars exposed that, the Gov’t went to Plan B and framed another Patsy the two brothers from Chechnya. One was a conservative conspiracy theorist. All the lies in Obama’s State-Run Television Shows work for him. Free press is non-existent. CISPA will make it hard to find alternative news on the Internet or to communicate during anymore of these false flags or in the event of a war on us by Obama. Dept of Homeland Security has armed multiple agencies, even SSA with 300 agents who are armed. Why? Obama’s Coup d’état should it be neccessary. Why is the DHS arming itself to the tune of 1.6 Billion Dollars?

    Like

  15. Catholic Glasses

    Reblogged this on Catholic Glasses and commented:
    Because the Boston Marathon, was a government-controlled “False Flag.”

    Like

  16. Catholic Glasses

    In the Police State frenzy in the aftermath of the Boston Marathon, old ladies were thrown down stairs, kids shipped off to other towns, women were groped. You don’t hear how the cops threatened death, if folks didn’t vacate their homes, on TV. Alex Jones had tons of people email him or call in. One of his reporters was threatened with death by men recognized as Obama’s Secret Service men. The ricin was a copy-cat’s boast of Bush’s Ta-da 9/11 False Flag, Black Op Moment, and the poison used in the aftermath of that US Massacre, by the Gov’t. Folks said in WACO that a missile was shot to explode, on April 18, 2013. FEMA Trucks were seen and there is an amateur video of several being spotted in West, Texas several days b4. FEMA Crisis Actors were simulating the biggest drill just like in Boston a Marathoner, a Track Cosch from Mobile, AL said he heard loud speakers kept saying; “This is only a drill. Do not be afraid.” All these US and Foreign Massacres and Regime Changes are Obama’s doings. He works as a hired gun for NATO and the Bilderberg’s Group who run the Global Banksters Banks and the infamous LIBOR – which had pilfered many countries and collapsed their Economies.

    Obama jumps, when they say jump. So did Bush Jr and Sr and the Clinton’s.

    Like

    • …and this is exactly why no one takes this site seriously, even though traythug-related posts are great for the most part.

      Like

      • Azazello, there is a TON of valid info on this site. Are you actually reading it, or just reacting emotionally without thinking?

        Like

  17. Jeffrey Aquino

    So, this is how the terrorists further injure us. We are not allowed to have our own clergy comfort us in time of need. Our priests and pastors are no longer considered first responders. It’s “rubbing salt into a wound”. Has Homeland Security issued yet another dictate restricting our freedoms?

    Like

  18. Pingback: FORMER CIA SPY: SANDY HOOK and BOSTON BOMBING WERE FALSE FLAGS | A Truth Soldier

  19. Pingback: Former CIA spy: Sandy Hook and Boston Bombing were false flags -

  20. Pingback: Wolf meets with Oath Keepers / CIA Spy confirms Sandy Hook and Boston bombing “false flags” | Forbidden News

  21. Pingback: Wolf meets with Oath Keepers / CIA Spy confirms Sandy Hook and Boston bombing “false flags” | Starship Earth: The Big Picture

  22. Pingback: » Wolfgang Halbig converts Oath Keeper members regarding Sandy Hook and Boston Bombing Independence Day

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s