In the just-finished London Olympics, a horse partly owned by Mitt Romney’s wife, Ann, had competed (and lost) in dressage. Dressage refers to the guiding of a horse through a series of complex maneuvers by slight movements of the rider’s hands, legs, and weight.
Ann Romney’s part-ownership of the horse has been lampooned by liberal critics as being symbolic of the family being out of touch with “ordinary” Americans.
Here’s a rebuttal to the class-warfare critics:
So the Romneys are selfish for keeping a horse? For:
- Employing a groom with a family to support.
- Paying for feed that’s sold by someone with a family to support.
- Feed that’s transported in trucks by drivers with families to support.
- The trucks are manufactured in a factory by people with families to support who are fed with stuff that’s grown by farmers with families to support.
- The barn to house Ann Romney’s horse was built by construction workers with families to support, with materials trucked by drivers with families to support, from factories with workers with families to support.
Ann Romney’s horse has done more to put Americans to work than that horse’s ass in the White House!
But then Econ 101 was never Obama’s strong suit, having spent his political formative years as a Saul “I-dedicated-my-book-to-Satan” Alinsky
community organizer class-warfarer….
H/t FOTM’s beloved Joan