Yesterday, I got a surprise in my mailbox.
I had been good this year and filed my taxes on time. But the IRS sent my Tax Return back!!
On the form listing all the reasons for tax returns to be returned, the IRS had checked off the box for “dependents”.
But on my tax return, I had dutifully followed the instruction to “List All Dependents”:
- 12 million illegal immigrants
- 3 million crack heads
- 46 million people on food stamps
- 87 million civilians not in the labor force
- 2 million people in over 243 prisons
- 535 fools in the U.S. House and Senate
- and one illegal Kenyan immigrant at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
But the IRS apparently finds my response inadequate. So I sent it back with a question:
“Did I forget someone?”
H/t our beloved Lady Wendy.