14% of Americans favor a ban on all red hats because of Trump

This is insane.

The Left are so triggered by Trump-supporters wearing red MAGA (Make America Great Again) baseball caps that cap-wearers have been physically assaulted. See, for example:

Recently, a delicate snowflake named Rebecca Makkai, a 41-year-old novelist who’s a Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award finalist, tweeted that the red MAGA hat is a “hate symbol” and the equivalent of the Nazi swastika. Makkai doesn’t want people to wear “any kind of red baseball cap” — not just red MAGA hats — because her “heart does weird shit” when she sees a red cap and any red hats are “making everyone scared.”

In a series of tweets on August 31 and Sept. 1, 2019, Makkai (@rebeccamakkai) wrote:

Is anyone else made really uncomfortable these days by anyone wearing any kind of red baseball cap? Like, I see one and my heart does weird shit and then I finally realize it only says Titleist or whatever. Maybe don’t wear red caps anymore, normal people?

Also, for the love of God: The clever folks wearing “Make America Read Again” or whatever caps — NO. You’re making everyone scared. Don’t do it.

If you’re here to be contrary: an equivalent here would be western Hindus choosing not to use the swastika symbol in public despite it being sacred to their faith because it would offend/frighten people. The red hat has become a symbol of hate bc of how its wearers act.

Makkai is not alone.

A new Rasmussen poll found that as many as 14% of U.S. adults favor the banning of red caps in America.

The national telephone and online survey of a representative sample of 1,000 American adults was conducted on September 11-12, 2019 by Rasmussen Reports.

The question was: “A suggestion has been made to ban all red caps in America because pro-Trump Make American Great hats are red and cause anxiety among anti-Trump Americans. Do you favor or oppose the banning of red caps in America?”

A survey found that:

• 14% support a ban on red caps.
  • 70% are opposed.
  • 17% are undecided.

The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

See also:

Drudge Report has gone to the dark side. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!

williamofberkshire

As a lifelong Red Sox fan, her proposal has me seriously TRIGGERED. Not that I wear baseball caps but that’s beside the point. 17 percent were “not sure”. I suppose that sample was drawn from the 30+ percent of millennials who ‘aren’t sure” that the Earth is round. As for the 14 percent who actually favor banning red caps, about the kindest thing I can say is that they are people of no account (PONA’s). What does one say to such people? Get away from me…

That sample probably has folks who aren’t sure of their gender as well…

Freeland_Dave
Freeland_Dave

Well when you consider how much of our population is made up of gays and blacks, not all who think the same way and are disgruntled, the number who want to ban red caps makes sense.

williamofberkshire

Oh yes, as well the ones who think that using elevators causes sea level to rise

Reg
Reg

Stupidity like this makes me pray for an asteroid impact!

Htos1
Reply to  Reg

That’s why we always had 80-120 year war cycles, to burn slag off of the gold.

Dan
Dan

I’ve got a red baseball cap that’s the same color as a MAGA hat, so thanks Rebecca for making my weekend! Now I can’t wait to wear it to the local Fresh Market or Whole Foods where Rebecca’s rich but miserably unhappy ilk shop. They don’t hate Trump, of course, they hate us. “Trump’s base,” or “MAGA supporters,” is a euphemism they use for white Christian Americans.

Reply to  Dan

We have a Wild Oats next town over. The Prius-driving patrons, mostly affiliated with Williams College, a major league unreality bubble, beam sanctimoniously as they paper bag their “organic” (sure) produce. The womyn all look like they have 2 by 4’s jammed up their butts as they stress about Saving The Planet from White Christian Fascists. I think they hate us for our freedoms. I don’t go there often, can’t afford it, but next time I’ll skip the MAGA and go straight for the stars and bars. Triggering is good exercise

Dave
Editor
Reply to  Dan

I live square-ass in the middle of the Dawg Nation.

LOL – Wanna guess what color half the caps worn around here are?

PvtCharlieSlate
PvtCharlieSlate

It would be interesting to see her reaction when she encounters a white male who is open carrying and wearing a red MAGA cap.

williamofberkshire

That’s why she has her therapist on speed dial

ClimateHoaxScam
ClimateHoaxScam

Outlaw anything good and true -and we are still the victors- you can’t outlaw truth- Jesus paid it all and we know it and they hate us for it: we will NEVER submit to the libtard lunacy, they reveal exactly how crazed they are with each passing day

Kevin J Lankford
Kevin J Lankford

MAGA hat do come in different colors. Even the orange or red ones are hard to find round here, but I have a black one I picked up at a “gun show” in Greenville S.C. near a year ago (they did have the orange/red and I think another color or two) as it just suited me better. People aren’t as quick to notice the logo, but when they do it is always complements. Bring to mind just how they can claim any accuracy for “phone surveys” as most intelligent people do not even answer call from numbers they don’t recognize.… Read more »

williamofberkshire

I was wondering that, who would actually answer these phone surveys? People with time on their hands who don’t work. Probably “disabled”

Truckjunkie
Truckjunkie

“who would actually answer these phone surveys?”
The kind of people who have the DNC on speed-dial and allow the Democrats to electronically pull $100.00 per month from their checking accounts. Them and the “Mom’s-Basement” dwellers….

Kevin J Lankford
Kevin J Lankford

Dang! have to excuse me for a few left out [s]’s

Truckjunkie
Truckjunkie

Not to worry,Kevin-we can fill in some blanks when needed-WE’RE not Democrats.

Mary Haas
Mary Haas

I’m going to special order a red MAGA cap with the Betsy Ross flag on one side of the letters and a cross on the other side. The back of the cap will read “Lock Her Up!”.

Truckjunkie
Truckjunkie
Reply to  Mary Haas

If you find someone who will start making those,be SURE to let us know! We’ll make it worth while for them.

Hendrix
Hendrix

I find pink pu**y hats more offensive than red caps. I find guys wearing man buns more offensive then red caps, are we going to ban these because others find them reprehensible? NO is the correct answer.

Truckjunkie
Truckjunkie
Reply to  Hendrix

I find people who get their coffee from Starbucks more offensive than Red Hats,but that’s just the way I roll.

Leo Smith
Leo Smith

Anyone in Favor of Banning red hats need to be Arrested, Convicted and EXECUTED for TREASON…..

RufusVonDufus
RufusVonDufus

Wow, is that all it is? I thought that a lot more than 14% of Americans were pussies!

D3F1ANT
D3F1ANT

We need to stop discussing this absurdity as though it’s not patently absurd! We need to heckle and jeer such nonsense, not pretend it’s legit.

Dan
Dan
Reply to  D3F1ANT

Watching the mainstream media in America is seeing America and Western Civilization through the eyes of its enemy. We’re only discussing this because the owners of the media own the public forum in America and so control the formation of men’s attitudes and the outcome of elections. This contrived public theater of MAGA vs the Left serves only the interests of those owners of the media, including FB, Twitter, and all of what’s piped into our brains through giant TVs. We recognize who cannot be criticized in America without being subjected to vicious recriminations, but we should also note that… Read more »

Alma
Alma

BULLSHIT.

Georgie
Georgie

Only 14%? There are many more triggered wackjobs than that .

m. colson
m. colson

d-suckers already hate white skin, no problem. mandatory spray-paint for non-poc.

AOT
AOT

Offering each of them $150,000 to renounce their citizenship and leave the USA would be a good investment.

williamofberkshire

I’m curious as to what kind of quasi-literary swill this pathologically sensitive fruitbat cranks out. Not curious enough to actually read it though. We have this sample of her writing prowess: “Like, when I see one my heart does weird shit..” Yes sir, a genuinely gifted writer, a first-rate wordsmith. But the (((critics))) must think so, she won all those awards

Truckjunkie
Truckjunkie

You have to remember,though,that people like HER get awards just for participating…..

Reply to  Truckjunkie

Yeah, in their world there is no good/better/best, no qualities, to assign value to anything, ever, would be racist/homophobic/transphobic,/sexist/fatist/ageist/ableist/, etc.., ad infinitum. So everyone gets a trophy just for taking up space. And breathing too I guess, even though breathing contributes to the Climate Crisis. Their world is the Special Olympics in cloud cuckoo land where fluffy pink unicorns dance on rainbows and sprinkle fairy dust, everyone is happy/clappy (they always take their medication), and nothing is real. To them “real” is just a social construct. AKA, hell on Earth. I see I’m holding forth, sorry

BilboQBaggins
BilboQBaggins

This shows that half of socialist-democrats admit to being wimpy, gutless, self pitying, spineless wimps and the other half are violent, hate filled, lying money grabbing posers. Not much to be proud of, is there?

Watertender
Watertender

I would love to see her go spastic over a red MAGA hat. Her heart does weird shit…. Her brain IS SHIT!!!

YouKnowWho
YouKnowWho

What is the percentage of people that would ban her. Maybe she should do what Handler did and get some therapy.

Dave
Editor

ROF!

These people are demented beyond words.

I’d offer to take her to a Cincinnati REDS game blindfolded, and take it off after we’re seated, just to see her reaction. 😈

Reply to  Jackie Puppet

Tell her it’s a ‘blind date”. Probably the first date of any kind she’s ever had so she wouldn’t know the difference

cogitoergosumantra
cogitoergosumantra

Well, that’s enough to convince me to:
1) Start wearing my favorite baseball team’s red ballcap in public to draw out the freaks so they can be properly placed in mental institutions or jail, and
2) Get my CC Permit and a self-defense firearm to protect myself while wearing my team cap. Or bone-up on some ju-jitsu and such…
3) Just checked; my pro team, college team, and local high school team hats are ALL RED. Hahahahahahah!

TDS really, truly is a mental disorder.