This is insane.
The Left are so triggered by Trump-supporters wearing red MAGA (Make America Great Again) baseball caps that cap-wearers have been physically assaulted. See, for example:
- MAGA hate crime: 81 y.o. man assaulted for wearing MAGA hat
- MAGA hate crime: California woman abuses elderly man for MAGA hat; is fired
- MAGA hate crime: Black student assaults white for MAGA hat
- Oregon man and woman arrested for attacking MAGA hat-wearing President Trump supporter
- Latina arrested for assaulting man wearing MAGA hat
- Kentucky man arrested for pulling gun on couple wearing MAGA hats
Recently, a delicate snowflake named Rebecca Makkai, a 41-year-old novelist who’s a Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award finalist, tweeted that the red MAGA hat is a “hate symbol” and the equivalent of the Nazi swastika. Makkai doesn’t want people to wear “any kind of red baseball cap” — not just red MAGA hats — because her “heart does weird shit” when she sees a red cap and any red hats are “making everyone scared.”
In a series of tweets on August 31 and Sept. 1, 2019, Makkai (@rebeccamakkai) wrote:
Is anyone else made really uncomfortable these days by anyone wearing any kind of red baseball cap? Like, I see one and my heart does weird shit and then I finally realize it only says Titleist or whatever. Maybe don’t wear red caps anymore, normal people?
Also, for the love of God: The clever folks wearing “Make America Read Again” or whatever caps — NO. You’re making everyone scared. Don’t do it.
If you’re here to be contrary: an equivalent here would be western Hindus choosing not to use the swastika symbol in public despite it being sacred to their faith because it would offend/frighten people. The red hat has become a symbol of hate bc of how its wearers act.
Makkai is not alone.
A new Rasmussen poll found that as many as 14% of U.S. adults favor the banning of red caps in America.
The national telephone and online survey of a representative sample of 1,000 American adults was conducted on September 11-12, 2019 by Rasmussen Reports.
The question was: “A suggestion has been made to ban all red caps in America because pro-Trump Make American Great hats are red and cause anxiety among anti-Trump Americans. Do you favor or oppose the banning of red caps in America?”
A survey found that:
- 14% support a ban on red caps.
- 70% are opposed.
- 17% are undecided.
- Liberal Intolerance: Homosexual parents throw son out for his MAGA hat
- California restaurant wants to ban customers who wear MAGA hat
- Miss Michigan stripped of title for wearing MAGA hat and refusing to wear hijab