Matt Berman reports for National Journal, April 2, 2013, that a new poll by Public Policy Polling found that 13% of registered American voters surveyed believe the POS is the Antichrist, while another 13% are not sure.
The poll of 1,247 registered American voters was conducted from March 27-30, 2013, through automated telephone interviews. The margin of error for the overall sample is +/-2.8%.
- 4% of respondents believe shape-shifting reptilian people control our world by taking on human form and gaining power.
5% of respondents believe Paul McCartney died andwas secretly replaced in the Beatles in 1966.
- 7% of those surveyed do not believe the moon landing was fake and that astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin had ever really landed on the moon.
- 11% are not sure if Osama bin Laden indeed is dead. (Note from Eowyn: Bin Laden allegedly was killed by Navy SEAL Team 6 on May 2, 2011, although the Pentagon has no records of his death.)
- 14% of respondents believe the CIA was “instrumental” in dealing crack cocaine into America’s inner cities in the 1980s.
- 15% of those surveyed think the media or government add “secret mind-controlling technology” to TV broadcasts.
- Only 25% of those surveyed think Lee Harvey Oswald had acted alone in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. 51% believe there was a larger conspiracy.
- 28% of respondents think Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11; 51% don’t.
- 28% of those surveyed believe that a “secretive power elite with a globalist agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through an authoritarian world government, or New World Order.”
- 37% of respondents said global warming is a hoax; 51% think it is not.
- 44% of respondents believe the Bush administration intentionally misled the U.S. about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq to promote the war; 45% said no.