The killing and death of Osama bin Laden (OBL) is shaping up to be the mother of all conspiracy theories.
As the Obama White House continues to refuse to release the OBL death photos, a Zogby poll finds that 1 in 5 (19%) likely American voters don’t believe Osama is dead. [Take our poll on this, HERE!]
Among those 19% is former Navy SEAL and Governor of Minnesota Jesse Ventura who is skeptical of Obama’s official narrative regarding the raid on the Osama compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. Ventura also questions whether the man seen flicking between TV channels in the video released by the White House last Saturday was actually OBL.
As reported by Paul Joseph Watson of Prison Planet.com, May 10, 2011, Jesse Ventura said: “I’ve been lied to so much I question everything the government tells me. I don’t know what to believe, that’s the disturbing thing about being a United States citizen.” Ventura noted how the media has for the most part simply regurgitated everything the White House claimed about the raid. He is also troubled by the Defense Department’s
cover-ups lies about Jessica Lynch and Pat Tillman , which have made him suspect the official account of the OBL raid.
Ventura also echoed the sentiments of a number of intelligence professionals and heads of state who publicly expressed their contention that OBL had been dead for many years before Obama’s announcement of his death in a live speech on national television. “This guy was supposedly on a dialysis machine way back 10 years ago, how does he survive that long if he was on a dialysis machine?” asked Ventura.
Residents of Abbottabad share Ventura’s doubts, with one telling a BBC reporter that the man in the video was actually his neighbor and the owner of the compound, a man called Akhbar Han.
Another skeptic is psychiatrist Dr. Steve Pieczenik, MD, a former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State and a State Department official in three different administrations. Pieczenik maintains that the alleged raid on Bin Laden’s compound was a fable because Osama had already been dead for the best part of a decade, but that our government was waiting for the most politically expedient time to roll out his corpse.
Dr. Pieczenik’s outspoken views have earned him the “honor” of Wikipedia threatening to delete its entry on him. [See here]
In his exclusive-to-subscribers report of May 8, 2011, “‘Wag the Dog’ is a Training Film for Obama White House,” investigative reporter Wayne Madsen points out the many inconsistencies in the White House’s narrative on the OBL raid and killing, and outright calls the narrative “a series of lies and half-truths.” Among “the lies of Abbottbad” are the following:
- Senior administration officials gathered in the White House Situation Room were shown intently looking at scenes of the attack on a video screen. Later, it was revealed that the live video feed had gone down prior to the photograph being taken.
- OBL, or the man who may have served as his double in U.S. intelligence-produced video tapes since 2001, was first said to have resisted with weapons, but later it was revealed that he had not resisted. Later still, it was revealed that “OBL” had offered to surrender before he was shot and killed.
- OBL was said to have been buried at sea in accordance with Islamic traditions. Yet, Islamic scholars and clerics said if someone dies on land, they must be buried on land.
- Obama administration officials stated that Pakistan was not informed of the operation beforehand. Yet Abbottabad residents reported that Pakistani government officials ordered residents of the military cantonment town to turn off their lights and remain indoors at the same time U.S. and Pakistani helicopters were first spotted by residents in the area.
- Navy SEAL team members and the CIA were not able to get a voice recording of the man alleged to be Osama bin Laden before he was killed. Nor could his height be determined because the strike force had no tape measure. Maybe that’s why Obama refuses to release photos of OBL’s burial at sea from a lower deck of the USS Carl Vinson because his height could be determined from the length of the enshrouded corpse.
- Obama’s counter-terrorism adviser John Brennan first said there was a 99.9% certainty that from DNA and other forensics that the man killed was Osama bin Laden. But then a military official at Bagram Airbase in Afghanistan, where the “OBL” body was transported, said the degree of certainty was 95%. Facial recognition technology used on OBL’s corpse at Bagram drove the degree of certainty down to 90%. In other words, certainty decreased, not increased, after a more thorough post-mortem examination at Bagram.
- The comparative DNA used to identify Bin Laden was said to have been obtained from OBL’s sister, after she died from cancer. However, Rep. Mike Rogers, chairman of the house Intelligence Committee, later said DNA samples were used from “a number” of OBL’s relatives.
- Obama’s counter-terrorism adviser John Brennan stated that US forces also killed Bin Laden’s son Khalid in the attack. The White House later said it was another Bin Laden son, Hamza, who was killed.
- Bin Laden’s wife, Amal al-Sadeh, was reported by the White House to have been shot and killed while trying to shield OBL. The story was later changed to her being shot in the leg while lunging at one of the SEAL team members.
- The compound was originally reported to have been a $1 million mansion. The photographs after the attack instead show a squalid ramshackle abode, one that has been estimated at worth $250,000 or less.
- Local residents reported they never heard the occupants of the compound speak OBL’s native Arabic but only Pashto. Pashto is an Eastern Iranian language spoken in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Osama bin Laden was born and grew up in Saudi Arabia, where the official language is Arabic and the spoken languages are Arabic and English.
- Why would a primarily Pashto-speaking household have a cable or dish satellite television feed that offered only Arabic-language news channels in a primarily Urdu- and Pashto-speaking community? A close look at the elderly “Bin Laden” channel surfing his television shows only Arabic language stations being offered for favorite selection, except for the rock music station DJTV from France, BBC World, and Al Jazeera English.
H/t beloved fellows Tina, Joseph, May, Steve.