Psalm 69:17, 4-5, 8-10
Lord, in your great love, answer me.
I am weary with crying out;
my throat is parched.
My eyes fail,
from looking for my God.
More numerous than the hairs of my head
are those who hate me without cause.
Those who would destroy me are mighty,
my enemies without reason….
For your sake I bear insult,
and shame covers my face.
I have become an outcast to my brothers,
a stranger to my children,
Because zeal for your house consumes me,
and the insults of those who blaspheme you fall upon me.
Last year, in 2016, some 90,000 Christians were martyred, making Christians the most persecuted religious group in the world.
Today, with the exception of North Korea (which ranks No. 1), 9 of the 10 most dangerous countries to be a Christian are Muslim. In fact, under severe persecution, Christianity is going extinct in its birthplace, the Middle East. No thanks to Pope Francis, U.S. Catholic bishops have called persecution of Christians in the Middle East nothing less than a genocide.
But it’s not just in North Korea, China, North Africa, and the Middle East that Christians are persecuted. Increasingly, the culture in America is becoming hostile to Christians. See, as examples:
- New Illinois child & family policy discriminates against Christians who are not pro-LGBT
- U.S. Air Force assaults veteran for mentioning God
- US Air Force Academy hostile to Christianity but funds witchcraft & voodoo
- Persecution: Missouri U. denies Christian student his graduate degree
- Florida’s Rollins College suspends student for disagreeing with Muslim instructor who said Jesus’ crucifixion was a hoax
- Texas teacher gives ‘F’ grade to students who refuse to say God is a myth
- Christian student punished for disagreeing with militant atheist professor
- Northern Arizona U. prof. Heather Martel orders student to stop reading Bible before class
- Oregon shooter singled out Christians for slaughter
- Whoopi Goldberg, the woman who named herself after farting, says Christians are just as dangerous as Muslims
- Homosexuals threaten to burn down Christian bakers’ house and sodomize their son
- NYT refuses Muhammad cartoon but publishes offensive painting of Virgin Mary in elephant dung
- IRS Agents Pretend to be Clergymen to Spy in Churches
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ!
And to Christians who are suffering, and as a reminder to ourselves here in America where the light of Christ dims by the day, remember these words of Christ our Lord:
Jesus said to the Twelve:
“Fear no one.
Nothing is concealed that will not be revealed,
nor secret that will not be known.
What I say to you in the darkness, speak in the light;
what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops.
And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul;
rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy
both soul and body in Gehenna.
Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin?
Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father’s knowledge.
Even all the hairs of your head are counted.
So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Everyone who acknowledges me before others
I will acknowledge before my heavenly Father.
But whoever denies me before others,
I will deny before my heavenly Father.”
May the strength and courage and peace of Jesus Christ our Lord be with you,