The ‘can you resist her’ Caption Contest

This is the 172nd world-famous FOTM Caption Contest!

Here’s the pic (h/t DCG):

You know the drill:

  • Enter the contest by submitting your caption as a comment on this thread (scroll down until you see the “LEAVE A REPLY” box), not via email or on Facebook.
  • The winner of the Caption Contest will get a gorgeous Award Certificate of Excellence and a year’s free subscription to FOTM! :D
  • FOTM writers will vote for the winner.
  • Any captions proffered by FOTM writers, no matter how brilliant (ha ha), will not be considered. :(

This contest will be closed in a week, at the end of next Tuesday, March 27, 2018.

To get the contest going, here’s my caption:

Hillary Clinton voters are as demented as she is

Hillary Clinton and her doppelganger

For the winner of our last Caption Contest, go here.


Man investigating Seth Rich murder is shot

Did Clinton Crime Family call a hit on Jack Burkman?

Washington Post: Lobbyist says he was nearly killed by man he hired to investigate Seth Rich’s death

“It’s a horror story,” Burkman, of Arlington, said in an interview Monday afternoon. He is still recovering after being shot several times and run over by an SUV last Tuesday.

Read story here:


Illegal aliens, who dodged ICE raid after demorat mayor’s warning, re-arrested for new crimes

libby schaaf

SHAME on you Libby Schaaf.

From Fox News: Three illegal immigrants aliens, who avoided capture after Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf blew the whistle on a raid by federal immigration authorities last month, have since been re-arrested for new crimes including robbery and spousal abuse, ICE officials said.

Schaaf tweeted out a warning ahead of the raid in northern California last month, infuriating Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials and the Trump administration.

“How dare you!” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in California this month, addressing Schaaf. “How dare you needlessly endanger the lives of our law enforcement officers to promote a radical, open borders agenda.”

ICE officials eventually caught 232 illegal immigrants aliens, many of them criminals, in the four-day sweep but said that hundreds more escaped because of Schaaf’s warning.

But on Tuesday, officials said that at least three of those who were targeted in the raid, but were not apprehended, had since been arrested for additional crimes.

One was a Mexican national arrested for robbery and gun crimes, who was released back into the community for a prior offense despite an ICE detainer request in November.

Another Mexican national was arrested for a DUI, despite having been deported three times and prior convictions for false imprisonment, DUI and battery of a spouse.

The third was a Mexican national who was arrested for corporal injury of a spouse, despite being deported twice and criminal convictions including drug possession, hit-and-run, DUIs, possessions of narcotics equipment and a parole violation.

Acting ICE Director Tom Homan mentioned the three cases at a roundtable on sanctuary cities at the White House on Tuesday. He also expressed frustration at the mixed messages coming from politicians in sanctuary states.

“We are told on one hand to focus efforts on criminals but those same folks who want to focus on criminals don’t let us into the county jails,” he said. “It just defies logic.”

While Homan has blamed Schaaf’s actions for the escape of as many as 800 illegal immigrants, it is unclear exactly how many evaded capture directly because of her actions. A DHS official told The New York Times that ICE agents typically find only about 30 percent of their targets during a sweep, meaning that many of those who evaded capture may not have been caught either way.

Schaaf has stood by her actions, saying the community is safer because of sanctuary city policies.

“I do not regret sharing this information,” she said last month. “It is Oakland’s legal right to be a sanctuary city and we have not broken any laws. We believe our community is safer when families stay together.

Last week an Oakland community organizer told Fox News that she was being supported by members of the community. “People are really supportive of her because she took a stand,” Emma Paulino said. “She is serving the people who elected her.”

The Justice Department, which is also suing California over its sanctuary city policies, has said it is reviewing Schaaf’s actions, but has yet to make an announcement.


Chef charges whites $18 more than blacks for same plate of food

Bet reports, March 19, 2018, that a Nigerian chef in New Orleans charges his white customers more than twice as much as blacks for a single lunch plate at his pop-up restaurant, Saartj, in the city’s the Roux Carre market.

According to his website, each day chef Tunde Wey offers a single lunch plate with two pricing options:

  • $12 for Black people
  • A “suggested” price of $30 for white people.

Wey says it’s a “social experiment” to bring awareness to racial wealth disparity, and the different pricing “represents the wage disparity between Black and white households in New Orleans.”

According to the left-wing Urban Institute, the median annual income of black  households in New Orleans is $25,806 in New Orleans, compared to $64,377 for white households.

Some white patrons of Wey’s Nigerian-food pop-up restaurant decided to cancel their lunch order. Others, including some blacks, were willing to pay the extra fee after hearing the reasoning behind the 2.5x pricing difference. Wey, however, refused to accept offers from blacks to pay more.

Allegedly, Wey took the net profit ($18) collected from sales to white people and  “redistributed” the money to “customers of color,” totaling about $75 per person.

If this were a white chef charging black customers more, there would be unending cries of “RACISM!” and law suits up his wazoo.

H/t FOTM‘s Lola

See also:


Not one person turns in bump stocks to Denver Police after they were banned

From KDVR: No bump stocks have been turned over to Denver authorities after the city banned the accessories used in last year’s mass shooting in Las Vegas that killed 58 people and injured hundreds.

Denver Police police last monthinvited city residents to turn in any bump stocks in their possession but Denverite reports that none have been handed over.

The ban on bump stocks approved by the city council in January was considered largely symbolic. Denver had previously banned the types of semi-automatic rifles that can be modified with bump stocks.

A bump stock is a device that can increase the speed in which a gun can be fired.

The council also made it illegal in most situations to possess magazines that hold more than 15 rounds of ammunition.

Fines under the new Denver law could be as much as $1,000 and up to 180 days in jail.


Polish priest wishes Pope Francis a quick death for open door policy to Muslims

Pope Francis, real name Jorge Bergoglio, has called on Christians in Europe and the U.S. to open their doors to Muslim refugees and migrants. Last August, he went so far as to pontificate that refugees’ wellbeing trumps national security., while he himself is safely ensconced behind the Vatican’s 40 ft. tall walls.

Wall that surrounds the Vatican

Bergoglio’s stance on Muslim refugees and on other issues has so alienated some Catholic clergy that a former high-ranking member of the Roman Curia, the administrative apparatus of the Holy See, penned an open letter. Addressed to Pope Francis, the anonymous cleric lays out the “difficulties” he and “many others have with the way you talk and act.”

Speaking through various mouthpieces, Bergoglio’s response is to threaten his critics, both laity and priests, with excommunication, like Italian priest Alessandro Minutella.

All of which has resulted in what a cardinal calls a “pervading sense of fear” within the Curia, a church in schism, and conservative Catholics “in rebellion”. The editor of the reputable religious journal, First Things, went so far as to declare Francis’ papacy a failure.

The latest development is another, shocking indicator of church schism.

A senior conservative priest in Poland publicly said he wishes Pope Francis a quick death if he continues to refuse to listen to criticisms.

CBS13 Sacramento reports that on February 25, 2018, in a church speech in Krakow, Poland, prominent theologian and former seminar rector Monsignor Edward Staniek said Pope Francis has departed from the teaching of Jesus, and wrongly interprets mercy as opening up to Muslims and allowing communion for divorced Catholics.

Note: According to the Catholic Church’s longstanding teaching, Catholics who had divorced (not annulled) and remarried (outside of the Church) live in mortal sin and are not allowed Holy Communion.

Calling Pope Francis an “alien body” in the church, Msgr. Staniek said the pope’s words are used by secular media that are hostile to the church. Staniek said he’s praying for wisdom for Francis and a “heart open to the Holy Spirit, and if he does not do that, for a quick passage to the House of the Father” — meaning death.

Poland’s leading archbishop, Krakow Archbishop Marek Jedraszewski, said he “deplores” Staniek’s remarks with “great pain and regret”. Jedraszewski said he has discussed them face-to-face with Staniek, and that the Krakow diocese is praying ardently every day with only the best intentions for Francis.

Krakow was the seat of Cardinal Karol Wojtyla, the late Pope St. John Paul II. Poland’s church remains attached to John Paul’s orthodox stance, with a majority of bishops seeing their mission as preserving the traditional Catholic values from secularization.

Pope Francis conceals the cross in his waist sash so as not to offend Jewish rabbis

See also:


Parents not advised: Connecticut school takes kindergarteners out to march for gun violence

melissa harris perry

From  NBC Connecticut: Students across the nation walked out of school Wednesday in honor of the victims of the Parkland shooting last month, including a group of New London kindergarteners.

“We love school! We love school,” children in New London are chanting in a video posted on Facebook.

While people involved in the walkout involving a group of 5-year-olds at Harbor Elementary School said the demonstration was about school safety, student safety and parent permission have been called into question. 

“It was discussed, it was a safety march and we took them out and they chanted ‘we love school’ and ‘honk your horn.’ And we told them that the 17 angels are above in heaven, they’re watching down and they’re proud,” one parent, Olga Vokolou, said.

Vokolou, whose child participated, chaperoned what she called the “safety march” on school grounds. She said her child’s teacher let parents know on Facebook.

“My opinion as a parent, they do shooting drills so we also want to make sure they know we’re going to keep their school safe,” Vokolou said.

New London Interim Superintendent Dr. Stephen Tracy said he didn’t have a problem with the safety message, but he and the principal didn’t know about the march ahead of time and there was no written permission from parents.

“When you’re going to do something like that, in connection with something that, let’s face it, is controversial, you need to seek the approval of the principal and the parents before you involve 5-year-olds in something like that,” Tracy said.

Another parent, Marlinda Robinson, said she didn’t know her kindergartner was participating in a march but said she didn’t have any issues with the message. “I would have liked to know, but not for the reason of what it stood for,” Robinson said. “More because I just didn’t know.”

One student’s grandmother, Helene Thomas, said she found out about the march through word-of-mouth.

The video drummed up some negative opinions from parents at the school.

“It’s kind of a safety issue, too, to have the kids file out of the class in an organized manner,” Sebastian Larrea, whose child is in pre-K and did not participate in the march, said.

Harbor Elementary’s crossing guard Joyce Powers said she saw the children escorted in two lines by teachers who were carrying signs that read “enough.”

“I thought it was pushing it with that age group,” Powers said. “I don’t think they understood what was actually happening.”

Tracy said he’s talked to the two teachers involved but would not say if any disciplinary measures were taken. “Suffice it to say, lessons were learned and I consider the matter closed,” Tracy said.

Board of Education member Jason Catala, the chair of the board’s Policy Committee, said a number of policies were ignored and called for the school’s principal to resign.

Catala also plans to take up the policies regarding field trips and leaving the building at the next Board of Education meeting.

Tracy called it inappropriate for a member of the board to evaluate the performance of a school employee and hopes for an apology.

Catala said there will be more to come out about this incident that he’s not at liberty to discuss at this time.

h/t Weasel Zippers