- Sheriff Mack: federal snipers at Bundy ranch are mercenaries, hit men
- Easter lilies are poisonous for cats!
- Vogue magazine: merchant of slut, violence and death
- Holy Thursday: The Last Supper-Institution of the Holy Eucharist; Institution of the Priesthood
- Catholic University of San Diego goes satanic
- Baby argues (indecipherably) with Dad
- Men if you really want to live a long and happy life…
- IRS considers taxing work perks like food, gym memberships
- The real meaning of April 15th
- Bundy says no one’s been arrested
- St. Bernadette Soubirous (1844 – 1879)
- Proof of another White House lie
- White House Press Secretary Jay Carney is a Stinking Communist Puke
- Someone almost lost his Ark ticket
Map of Visitors
Most read posts
Who We Are
Our Authors' Recent Posts
- Dr. Eowyn
Follow us on Twitter
Blog stats since 23 December 2009
- 11,663,109 hits
Tag Archives: snow
Day three home, snow-bound (I’m not one to drive in the snow!). Ventured out today and walked to the grocery store (I needed milk). We’ve got about 5 inches with 5 more predicted for tonight, then again on Wednesday!
Outside my front door
Snow is pretty draping the trees
A white blanket!
Baby kitty doesn’t really like it though!
Update (Tuesday): Day 4, stuck at home. View from my front door as snow comes down again!
Siegfried is a regular commenter and occasional contributor to Fellowship of the Minds.
Here’s her darling Brazilian feline, Panda.
Panda definitely looks loved, doesn’t she?
If you’d like your pet’s pics published on FOTM, send them to me at FellowshipTips@aol.com. :D
Throughout the afternoon I watched them there,
Snow-fairies falling, falling from the sky,
Whirling fantastic in the misty air,
Contending fierce for space supremacy.
And they flew down a mightier force at night,
As though in heaven there was revolt and riot,
And they, frail things had taken panic flight
Down to the calm earth seeking peace and quiet.
I went to bed and rose at early dawn
To see them huddled together in a heap,
Each merged into the other upon the lawn,
Worn out by the sharp struggle, fast asleep.
The sun shone brightly on them half the day,
By night they stealthily had stol’n away
-by Claude McKay (1889-1948)
Legend has it that in the far far North, after every snow storm, a Snow Fairy appears at night and shovels the snow off the driveways and sidewalks of good folks.
During a recent storm, the elusive Snow Fairy was sighted. Luckily, someone took a picture with their cell phone.
May you be blessed by a visit from the Snow Fairy in your time of greatest need!
H/t beloved fellow Doc’s Wife.
(Yes, I know. I’m still in shock that Doc’s Wife sent this pic! LOL)