- After flag desecration incident, Valdosta State University students rally to support American flag
- College students spit on wounded veterans, urinate on American flag
- What is wrong with people? Woman jailed after McDonald’s shooting over bacon-less burger
- The Conversation We Need To Be Having About Race: “I want to see a cop shoot a white unarmed teenager in the back”
- Hillary is feeling the heat: Clinton Foundation to refile tax returns going back 15 years
- Michelle Obama tells kids she used to beat up her older brother & cousins
- Assbakistani woman from Cardiff kills her child for failing to learn the Koran
- Homeless dog kicked by driver returns with pals to exact revenge on his car
- Thursday Funnies: Hillary’s secret wonder drug!
- Four MSNBC Hosts Owe Tax Debts
- ACLU sues feds in bid to make Catholic groups provide abortion to illegal immigrants
- University Army ROTC made to wear red high heels to “raise awareness” about rape
- The face of a future serial killer
- The Write Stuff: Secrets to Writing Descriptions Your Readers Will Love!
- Jesus Was Not a Wimp
Map of Visitors
Most read posts
Follow us on Twitter
Blog stats since 23 December 2009
- 17,498,576 hits
Tag Archives: snow
Day three home, snow-bound (I’m not one to drive in the snow!). Ventured out today and walked to the grocery store (I needed milk). We’ve got about 5 inches with 5 more predicted for tonight, then again on Wednesday!
Outside my front door
Snow is pretty draping the trees
A white blanket!
Baby kitty doesn’t really like it though!
Update (Tuesday): Day 4, stuck at home. View from my front door as snow comes down again!
Siegfried is a regular commenter and occasional contributor to Fellowship of the Minds.
Here’s her darling Brazilian feline, Panda.
Panda definitely looks loved, doesn’t she?
If you’d like your pet’s pics published on FOTM, send them to me at FellowshipTips@aol.com. :D
Throughout the afternoon I watched them there,
Snow-fairies falling, falling from the sky,
Whirling fantastic in the misty air,
Contending fierce for space supremacy.
And they flew down a mightier force at night,
As though in heaven there was revolt and riot,
And they, frail things had taken panic flight
Down to the calm earth seeking peace and quiet.
I went to bed and rose at early dawn
To see them huddled together in a heap,
Each merged into the other upon the lawn,
Worn out by the sharp struggle, fast asleep.
The sun shone brightly on them half the day,
By night they stealthily had stol’n away
-by Claude McKay (1889-1948)
Legend has it that in the far far North, after every snow storm, a Snow Fairy appears at night and shovels the snow off the driveways and sidewalks of good folks.
During a recent storm, the elusive Snow Fairy was sighted. Luckily, someone took a picture with their cell phone.
May you be blessed by a visit from the Snow Fairy in your time of greatest need!
H/t beloved fellow Doc’s Wife.
(Yes, I know. I’m still in shock that Doc’s Wife sent this pic! LOL)