Despite the fact that nearly 8 out of every 10 Americans are Christian?
In fact, these days we are more likely to find Americans businesses that do their best to offend Christians.
According to a website on Islam in Europe and North America, estimates of the percentage of Americans who are Muslim vary:
- A 2007 survey by Pew Research Center places the figure at 0.6%.
- Preceding surveys fall somewhere below that estimate: Baylor (2006) at 0.2%; Pew (2000-2007) at 0.5%; General Social Surveys (1998-2006) at 0.5%; Gallup (1999-2001) at 0.3%; American Religious Identification Surveys (2001) at 0.5%; and the National Election Study (2000) at 0.2%.
- Not surprisingly, estimates by Muslim American groups are higher:
- 1.5% (or 4.7 million), according to the 2005 Britannica Book of the Year.
- 2.1% (or 6.7 million), according to the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the premier Muslim-American “civil rights” organization in the United States which the FBI had identified to have ties to terrorists. In 2007, U.S. federal prosecutors named CAIR as an unindicted co-conspirator in funding the Palestinian terrorist organization Hamas.
Even if we take the most generous estimate, CAIR’s, that still puts Muslims at 2.1% of the total U.S. population, which is miniscule when compared to the number and percentage of U.S. Christians. According to the American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS) (2008), the majority of U.S. adults — 76% — identified themselves as Christians.
And yet, the 2% of Americans who are Muslims manage to wield grossly disproportionate power and influence.
Amy Elizabeth reports for GOPTheDailyDose that on March 19, 2014, a Home Depot in Dearborn, Michigan, succumbed to the demands of CAIR and subjected its employees to “cultural awareness training” in order to accommodate the “religious sensitivities” of Muslim employees and customers,” and to “help corporate managers gain a better understanding of Muslims and Islam.”
Not just in Dearborn. CAIR Michigan says it also “has provided similar trainings in the past to other Home Depot locations in southeastern Michigan.”
CAIR even has a 19-page An Employer’s Guide to Islamic Religious Practices, with demands that are quite discriminatory to other religions. For example:
- Friday is the day for congregational worship, called Jum’ah. The prayer generally takes place at a mosque during the noontime prayer and includes an address or sermon, and lasts a total of 45 to 90 minutes.
- Performing the rituals of the pilgrimage may last five days during the second week of the twelfth month of the lunar calendar. However, considerable variations exist in trip arrangements, and group travel may take 10-21 days. Muslim employees may choose to make pilgrimage using vacation time.
- Employers may wish to modify dress code policies so that religiously-mandated attire is addressed as a diversity issue. For example, many corporations have a policy forbidding the wearing of hats. This rule may be amended to exempt items such as Muslim head scarves and skullcaps.
- A Muslim employee should not be asked to serve or sell religiously offensive products, such as alcoholic beverages.
Amy Elizabeth points out these so-called Muslim “accommodations” are nothing more than forcing American businesses to comply with Islam’s sharia law, which is antithetical to the U.S. Constitution and U.S. laws.
Elizabeth rightly asks: In a world where Christians are being slaughtered by Muslims, how can any American, let alone an American corporation like Home Depot, bend over backward to accommodate the enemy?
H/t my friend John Molloy
- “Attacked by Muslims, Christianity is going extinct in Middle East,” Oct. 1, 2013.
- “Pigs in the Parlor: Jihadists influencing the Republican Elite,” Feb. 13, 2014.
- “Egypt arrests U.S. embassy employee, member of Muslim Brotherhood,” Feb. 13, 2014.
- “U.S. imam: Muslims can take the property of Christians and Jews,” Nov. 9, 2013.
- “Black Flag of Jihad over Manhattan,” Sept. 29, 2013.