MyFoxChicago: Four people were killed and at least 29 others have been wounded in shootings across Chicago since Friday evening, according to police.
About 6 a.m. Sunday, a person was shot to death in the Humboldt Park neighborhood on the West Side, police said. The male, whose age was not known, suffered gunshot wounds to the neck and arm in the 1500 block of North Avers, according to preliminary information from police. He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. The Cook County medical examiner’s office could not immediately confirm the fatality.
Saturday night, a man was killed and a woman was injured in a Brighton Park neighborhood shooting on the Southwest Side, police said. Officers responding to a call of a person shot about 9:30 p.m. in the 4000 block of South Albany found the 35-year-old man lying in the street, police said. The man had suffered gunshot wounds to the right chest and arm and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, police said. The medical examiner’s office could not confirm the fatality.
The woman, 26, was standing on a porch nearby when she heard gunfire and realized she’d suffered a graze wound to the right thigh, police said. She was treated and released at the scene. A police source said the man was a documented gang member.
Earlier Saturday, a man was shot to death in the Garfield Ridge neighborhood on the Southwest Side, police said. The 34-year-old man was shot multiple times about 4:55 a.m. in the 5200 block of South Menard, authorities said.
Officers at the scene said he was shot several times in the head at close range. Witnesses told investigators they heard shots, looked out the window and saw the man lying on the ground, police said. He was dead at the scene and remained unidentified Sunday morning, a spokesman for the medical examiner’s office said.
Friday evening, a man was killed and a 16-year-old boy was wounded in a West Garfield Park neighborhood shooting. Cory Fisher, 18, and the boy got into a fight with a third person who then pulled out a gun and opened fire at 6:12 p.m. in the 3800 block of West Lexington, authorities said. Fisher, of the 3200 block of West Carroll, was shot in the head and the boy was shot in the right shoulder, authorities said. Both were taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where Fisher was pronounced dead at 6:24 p.m., authorities said. The teen’s condition was stabilized.
The most recent nonfatal shooting happened Sunday morning in the East Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side. The shooting happened about 7:05 a.m. in the 3000 block of West Polk, according to preliminary information from police. One male was shot in the ankle and was taken to Stroger Hospital, police said. Another male suffered a gunshot wound and drove himself to Mount Sinai Hospital. Their ages and conditions were not immediately known.
About 4:55 a.m. Sunday, a man was shot during a robbery in the Washington Park neighborhood on the South Side. Two people exited a white sedan, approached the 24-year-old man and announced a robbery in the 5300 block of South Wabash, police said. While the people were robbing him, the man was shot in upper right leg, police said. The robbers then got back in the vehicle, which sped away. The man was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where his condition was stabilized.
Roughly two hours earlier, a man was shot in the Logan Square neighborhood on the Northwest Side. The man, 40, was shot in the lower back about 2:55 a.m. in the 1800 block of North Mozart, police said. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where his condition was stabilized.
Earlier Sunday, a man was injured in an East Side neighborhood shooting on the Far South Side. The 21-year-old walked into Advocate Trinity Hospital about 1:45 a.m. with a gunshot wound to the buttocks, police said. He was listed in good condition. The man told investigators he was on a porch with a group in the 10300 block of South Avenue N when a vehicle pulled up and someone inside fired shots. A police source said the man is a documented gang member.
At least 22 other people have been shot across the city since 8 p.m. Friday.
- Same ‘ol, same ‘ol in Chicago: 2 killed, 25 wounded in weekend shootings
- Another typical Chicago weekend: 35 shot — 1 fatally — in gun violence
- Hey #blacklivesmatter and #gunsense crowd: More shootings in Chicago this past weekend
- Gun control, Chicago style: 3 dead, 31 wounded in weekend shootings
- Another deadly weekend in Chicago: 4 killed, 18 wounded in shootings
- The Chicago Way: Too many dead & shot, and father of 7-year-old victim is notorious gang member who won’t cooperate with law enforcement
- Gun control, Chicago style: 5 killed, 27 wounded in weekend shootingsChicago Gun Control at Work: 6 killed, 23 wounded in Memorial Day weekend shootings
- Another brutal weekend: 40 shot, 1 fatally, in Chicago gun violence
- Same old thing in Chicago: 2 dead, 24 wounded in weekend shootings across city
- Paging the #BlackLivesMatter crowd: 5 killed, 22 wounded in Chicago weekend shootings
- What’s happening in Chicago? Same old thing: 3 killed, 14 wounded in weekend gun violence
- Another typical weekend in Chicago: 3 killed, 18 wounded in weekend shootings