Dr. Henry Makow has an excellent article on his blog this morning. He draws our attention to some curious facts about the terrible massacre of school children at the Sandy Hook Elementary School yesterday:
- The local police dispatch tape carries a report that a teacher saw two shooters running away from the scene. (3.25)
- The first police officers to arrive in the school found gunman Adam Lanza dead. Was Lanza killed by the two fleeing men?
- Police also report finding a shotgun. How did one man, Adam Lanza, manage to carry a rifle, a shotgun, two pistols, and all sorts of ammo, and kill so many people?
Then Dr. Makow asks these questions that cry out to be answered:
- Adam Lanza is said to be autistic and mentally disturbed. Why didn’t the cry go out to know what medication Adam was taking?
- Why isn’t there a chorus of demands for a ban on psychological medications?
- Turns out Adam was the product of a broken family. His parents divorced in 2009. His father moved away and remarried. His older brother hadn’t seen him for two years. Why not a chorus of demands for support for marriage and family?
- Turns out, a friend described Adam as a “Goth.” Goths are Satanists who possibly would revel in massacres. Why not a chorus of demands for a ban on Goth behavior?
- How about a media ban on over-reporting massacres, because of the copycat effect? The US doesn’t accurately report military deaths in action. From 1991 – 2009, there was a ban on photographing flag draped coffins. Why? Because reports of military setbacks and photos of coffins are bad for morale. School massacres are also bad for morale. The national morale. But we don’t ban reports of school massacres.
Read Dr. Makow’s entire article HERE.