False flag! False flag!
That’s the cry on the Internet as soon as another traumatic incident of mass casualties occurs in the United States.
It is said that the 9/11 terrorist attacks were a false flag. Skeptics of the Sandy Hook school massacre suspect it was a false flag. The latest incident — that of the two bombings at the April 15th Boston Marathon — is no exception.
I was aware of the latest cries of “False flag!” but was very reluctant to explore their credibility because if proven to be true, I think my last remaining shred of trust in my government would be obliterated.
But the cries persist. Notwithstanding my reluctance, I am undertaking a series of posts to explore that subject — in as responsible and careful a manner as I am able and as the gravity of a “false flag” accusation demands. This is the first post in that series.
Of all my (too many) years of undergraduate and graduate schooling, hands down the most useful course I’d ever taken was one on epistemology and the philosophy of science, from which I learnt how to think clearly and intelligently.
Epistemology is simply a fancy word referring to that branch in Philosophy that studies the nature of human knowledge:
- The four different types (or domains) of truth claims: Empirical; Analytical (Math & Logic); Metaphysical; and Normative.
- The criteria we use to evaluate and determine the truth or falsity of any truth claim (which depends on whether the claim is empirical, analytical, metaphysical, or normative).
But before one can even begin to evaluate the truth or falsity of some proposition, we must first have a clear idea about what the proposition says.
In this case — on whether the Boston bombings were a false flag event — before we examine the evidence (or lack thereof), we must first define the term “false flag” and list the criterial attributes of what constitutes a false flag incident. The definition and criterial attributes, in turn, will serve as our standards against which to assess the evidence.
What’s a False Flag?
The name “false flag” has its origins in naval warfare where a flag other than the belligerent’s true battle flag is used as a ruse de guerre. [...] False flag (or black flag) describes covert military or paramilitary operations designed to deceive in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by other entities, groups or nations than those who actually planned and executed them. Operations carried during peace-time by civilian organizations, as well as covert government agencies, may by extension be called false flag operations if they seek to hide the real organization behind an operation.
As the term is used in contemporary America, a “false flag” incident is some traumatic public event that is:
- False: The public are given an untruthful version of the event by the government and the media. The falsity can range from no one actually had been killed or hurt (it was all theater); to some of the alleged victims are real; to all the alleged victims are real but the alleged perpetrator(s) is a fall guy who was set up by the “real” conspirators behind the scenes.
- Results in a “rallying around the flag” effect: Whatever the true nature of the “false flag” event, the objective is to arouse and manipulate the emotions (fear, anger, outrage, indignation) of the American people so that they’ll “rally around the flag” in an outburst of patriotism, supplying the current White House occupant and his (and his party’s) policies with their support and loyalty.
As an example, it is said the Sandy Hook massacre was a contrived event engineered to effect gun control. Conjectures about the massacre range from the extreme of no one in the school was killed (although Adam and Nancy Lanza were), to the 20 students and 6 adults of the school said to be killed really are dead but Adam Lanza wasn’t the killer (which would explain why Social Security had a date-of-death of Dec. 13, 2012 for him — one day before the massacre).
This blog on ZeroHedge lists governments from around the world that’ve admitted they carry out false flag terror.
What are some of the suggested signature attributes of a False Flag event?
1. Government officials and their mouthpieces use the incident to advance their policy agenda. This most certainly was and is the case with the Sandy Hook massacre. In the case of the Boston bombings, New York mayor Bloomberg already is using the bombings as a pretext, declaring that “our laws and our interpretation of the Constitution have to change” because of the bombings. (See also “Boston Bombing: Getting the sheeple used to the police state“).
2. The co-occurrence of a government drill at the same time as the traumatic event and in around the same place. The purpose of the concurrent drill is to provide special ops personnel (who are the real perpetrators of the false flag incident) and/or professional crisis actors with a cover story should they be seen or caught on film at the false flag event. (See “Remarkable resemblance of Sandy Hook victims and professional crisis actors“)
Indeed, the federal government’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) conducts HSEEP drills/exercises across America, in partnership with local/state governments. HSEEP refers to Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program. In the case of Sandy Hook, on the day of the shooting massacre at Sandy Hill Elementary School (SHES), Dec. 14, 2012, HSEEP conducted a
“training course” drill, ”FEMA L-366 Planning for the Needs of Children in Disasters,” at 2800 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT, which is about 14 miles from SHES.
It is claimed that in the case of the Boston Marathon bombings, there was also a drill both before and during the marathon, and that suspicious-looking private military operatives were seen (and photographed) at the bombings.
3. Lastly, if we have evidence of outright fakery, for example, victims who supposedly were killed or wounded, but aren’t, then the event being a false flag is a no-brainer. Alas, clear and incontrovertible evidence is hard to come by, which is why some find significance in the odd behaviors of Sandy Hook parents, quickly switching from laughing and joking to near-choking on tears, and the absence of tears or of other signs of weeping, such as a red nose; and in memorial, donation, and other Sandy Hook massacre websites having a creation date that predates the massacre.
These subjects, and more, will be explored in my posts to come. So put your thinking caps on and stay tuned!