As the term is used in contemporary America, a “false flag” incident is some traumatic public event that is:
- False: The public are given an untruthful version of the event by the government and the media.
- Results in a “rallying around the flag” effect: The objective is to arouse and manipulate the emotions (fear, anger, outrage, indignation) of the American people so that they’ll “rally around the flag” in an outburst of patriotism, supplying the current White House occupant and his (and his party’s) policies with their support and loyalty.
Admiral James “Ace” Lyons (US Navy, Ret.), 86, an officer of the U.S. Navy for 36 years, is the former Commander in Chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet (1985-1987) — the largest single military command in the world. Today he is a columnist for The Washington Times and the chairman of the Center for Security Policy’s Military Committee. He is also a co-author, along with 18 other top national security professionals, of Shariah: The Threat to America.
H/t Tea Party Crusaders and John Molloy for the video.
In an interview with Lou Dobbs on the Fox Business Network., Adm. Lyons says that Barack Obama intentionally conspired with America’s enemies to stage a bogus attack on the night of Sept. 11, 2012, against the U.S. compound in Benghazi, Libya, and the bogus kidnapping of Ambassador Chris Stevens.
According to the plan, Obama would successfully “negotiate” for Stevens’ release in a prisoner exchange, which would bolster the POS’s then-mediocre approval ratings just prior to the 2012 election.
In Lyons’ words, “The attack on the American Consulate in Benghazi . . . was the result of a bungled abduction attempt . . . the first stage of an international prisoner exchange . . . that would have ensured the release of Omar Abdel Rahman, the ‘Blind Sheik’.”
But something went horribly wrong with Obama’s “October Surprise.”
Although the Obama Administration intentionally gutted security at the Benghazi consulate prior to the staged kidnapping, former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty disobeyed direct orders to stand down. The two men raced to the U.S. compound and killed scores of attackers, but were themselves killed.
The terrorists took Woods’ and Doherty’s heroism to mean Obama had reneged on the deal, so they took their anger out on Ambassador Stevens by torturing him and dragging his body through the streets.
See also Adm. Lyons’ Washington Times op/ed, “Obama needs to come clean on what happened in Benghazi.“
Admiral Lyons’ assertions make sense. They would explain many of the oddities of the Benghazi incident, including:
- Why swarms of CIA agents were in Benghazi at the time (see “Obama’s Benghazigate gets stinkier: Dozens of CIA agents were on the ground during 9-11 attack,” Aug. 2, 2013).
- Why the White House, heartlessly, refused to send help (see “Americans in Benghazi attack sent distress calls, pleading for their lives,” Nov. 21, 2013).
- Even though our military was nearby (see “Benghazi Witness: Special Forces Told “You Can’t Go” To Benghazi,” May 8, 2013; “Obama fires general for wanting to help Americans being attacked in Benghazi,” Oct. 29, 2012).
- Why the White House, inexplicably and heartlessly, gave the “stand down” order (see “Former Ambassador: Benghazi “Stand Down” Order Came from Obama,” July 31, 2013; “Report Says Valerie Jarrett Gave The Order To Stand Down In Benghazi,” Aug. 10, 2013).
- And why the POS acted so casually as the Benghazi attack was happening in real time (see “What was Pres. Lucifer doing while Americans were being killed in Benghazi?,” May 31, 2013; “Obama left 4 Americans to die in Benghazi,” May 10, 2013).
Note: Admiral Lyons had made these accusations back in November 2012, and nothing came of it. But there isn’t much else he can do, which is why he and others. in a Jan. 6, 2014 letter to House Speaker John A. Boehner signed by more than 70 people, are demanding a Congressional select committee to investigate the Benghazi debacle. But their demands are falling on the GOP establishment’s deaf ears.