- Where Have All the Crisis Actors Gone?
- VA Reporter and Cameraman Shooting Discrepancy
- Ashley Madison was a giant con: 2 subscribers commit suicide; female subscribers are fakes
- You can still reblog WordPress posts
- De Blasio aide blames Bloomberg for growing number of homeless New Yorkers
- Doggy luvs the hot tub!
- Liberal Logic: Piers Morgan Version
- Why are there long lines everywhere at Disney but nobody in line to see the HALL of PRESIDENTS?
- St. Mary’s Academy in Portland rescinds job offer after learning candidate is gay
- San Francisco goes down the toilet. Public health hazard!
- CIA director John Brennan is a Muslim convert?
- Wednesday’s Funny: That look…
- California panel rejects Planned Parenthood audit
- The Two Pigs Caption Contest
- LGBT have panties in a twist over Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costume
Dr. Eowyn on VA Reporter and Cameraman Shoo… torq on Doggy luvs the hot tub! Bob350 on VA Reporter and Cameraman Shoo… Bec on Democrat vs. Republican C… traildustfotm on VA Reporter and Cameraman Shoo… Dr. Eowyn on De Blasio aide blames Bloomber… Dr. Eowyn on Physicians say aborted human f… Mabel Kane on Physicians say aborted human f… SapphireSunday on VA Reporter and Cameraman Shoo… Dr. Eowyn on VA Reporter and Cameraman Shoo… Michael Mercier on San Francisco goes down the to… Kevin J Lankford on VA Reporter and Cameraman Shoo… torq on Ashley Madison was a giant con… truckjunkie on Liberal Logic: Piers Morgan… truckjunkie on Doggy luvs the hot tub!
Map of Visitors
Most read posts
Who We Are
Our Authors' Recent Posts
- Dr. Eowyn
- Three Percent
Follow us on Twitter
Blog stats since 23 December 2009
- 19,638,068 hits
Tag Archives: Disney World
I got this e-mail about a big tree in South Africa.
Looks normal from a distance, but take a closer look…
Nobody knows who the artist was!
It is amazing how someone can actually carve and do a sculpture like this and not kill the tree!
Before I hit the button to “publish” this post on Fellowship of the Minds, a little voice inside me urged me to look it up on the world wide web. So I did….
It turns out the e-mail is a hoax. There is no such carved tree in South Africa (or India – in another version of this e-mail). Here’s what I found:
The “tree” in the photographs is completely artificial and, moreover, it is not even located in India [or Africa]. The tree is, in fact, the famous Tree of Life, an icon of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, a theme park located in Florida, USA. The artificial tree was assembled out of a range of materials and appears amazingly lifelike. An article about the tree on Disney information website, DIS, notes:
The first challenge was designing a 145 foot tall “tree” that could stand up to hurricane force winds, but still look realistic. A unique system of fabricating and assembling the branches was designed that brought the flexibility that was needed to bring this idea to life. There are 45 secondary branches that lead to 756 tertiary branches. With 7891 end branches, the entire structure is covered with 102,583 manmade leaves, each of which is more than a foot long.
So that’s the way the cookie crumbles! LOL