MyFoxChicago: Three people were killed and at least 14 others–including a 14-year-old boy–have been injured in Chicago gun violence since Friday morning.
The most recent fatal shooting happened about 1 a.m. Saturday in the McKinley Park neighborhood on the South Side. Javante Linson, 18, was found in a gangway in the 3400 block of South Hamilton with gunshot wounds to the head and abdomen, according to police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office. Linson, of the 2700 block of West Lexington, was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:26 a.m., authorities said. A police source said he had documented gang ties.
Late Friday, a woman was killed and two men were injured in a shooting outside a house party in the Princeton Park neighborhood on the South Side. About 11 p.m., the three were leaving the party in the 9300 block of South LaSalle when a gunman opened fire, police said.
Nicole M. Towns, 19, of the 7400 block of South Michigan, was shot in the side and was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:21 p.m., authorities said. A 30-year-old man shot in the side was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in serious condition, police said. The other man, 28, was shot in the shoulder. He took himself to Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park, where he was treated and released, police said.
The weekend’s first fatal shooting happened about 10 a.m. Friday in the Marquette Park neighborhood on the Southwest Side. Rashad A. Abdullah, 26, was outside in the 7000 block of South Talman when two people walked up behind him and fired shots, authorities said. Abdullah, who lived on the block where he was shot, was taken to Christ Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead at 11:10 a.m., authorities said.
The most recent nonfatal shooting happened early Sunday in the Northwest Side Avalon Park neighborhood. A 29-year-old man got into a fight with four other people about 1:30 a.m. in the 3400 block of North Elston and one of them shot him in the leg. He took himself to Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center, where his condition stabilized, police said.
About six hours earlier, a 14-year-old boy was injured in a drive-by shooting in the Gage Park neighborhood on the Southwest Side. The boy was standing outside in the 5900 block of South Maplewood about 7:30 p.m. Saturday when a dark-colored SUV drove by and someone inside opened fire, police said. He was shot in the left ankle and was taken in good condition to Mount Sinai Hospital.
At least 10 others have been wounded in shootings across the city since 10 a.m. Friday.
- Another typical weekend in Chicago: 3 killed, 18 wounded in weekend shootings
- New Year: Business as Usual in Chicago…
- Chicago ends 2014 with fewer homicides, but shooting victims up 14 percent
- #BlackLivesMatter? What about blacks in Chicago? And black babies?
- This is a good weekend in Chicago: 3 dead, 11 wounded in weekend shootings (11/24)
- Monday Chicago shooting report: Same story every weekend…(10/27)
- Chicago gun violence: What is it going to take to get people mad? (10/6)
- Paging Emanuel, Sharpton and Jackson: Do you know what’s happening in Chicago EVERY weekend? (9/29)
- A good weekend in Chicago? Less than a dozen shot (9/15)Quiz time: How many were shot in Chicago over the weekend? (9/8)