Mere hours after news first broke that a gunman had killed 14 and wounded more than 50 people in a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, the liberal media already began their all-too-predictable speculations that the shooter must be a right-winger.
Then Aurora police made public the identity of the suspect — James Holmes, a 24-year-old white man whose only brush with the law was a traffic citation for speeding. (Let’s call him “the suspect”.) Quickly and irresponsibly, ABC News’ Brian Ross and George Stephanopoulos proclaimed on Good Morning America that the suspect is a Tea Party member. They made that assertion based solely on a name appearing on a Tea Party website, although even an amateur using standard people search engines quickly would discover that the “James Holmes” the liberal newsmen fingered could not be the suspect because their James Holmes is a 52-year-old Hispanic.
I, too, was searching for James Holmes. I found a few “James Holmes” in Aurora or nearby Denver, CO, but they were all much older than 24; there was no age specified for two. Then when news came that the parental home of the suspect is in San Diego, California, I found a James C. Holmes, age not given, whose residences include Aurora, CO and San Diego, CA. (Remember the middle initial is C!)
With more resources at his disposal, Joel B. Pollak of Breitbart.com found a James Holmes (let’s call him Breitbart’s James Holmes) who seemed to fit whatever little we know about the suspect, being:
- 25 years old
- Has links to addresses in both Colorado and San Diego.
- Was issued a traffic citation in 2011–his sole run-in with the law.
- Has a California-issued social security number, consistent with what Fox News was reporting.
- Was registered as a Democrat on June 14, 2011, from an address in La Plata County, Colorado, with an “inactive” status.
But then Pollak discovered some discrepancies with Breitbart’s James Holmes:
- His social security number is also used by “several” other individuals.
- There’s a “slight mismatch” between the date-of-birth (DOB) of Breitbart’s James Holmes and what the police say is the DOB of the suspect.
Due to these discrepancies, Pollak concluded that “the suspect may, in fact, not have been registered to vote.”
Despite the media combing through the suspect’s life, we don’t know much more about James Holmes than we did 24 hours ago. I’ve seen TV interviews with his neighbors in Aurora and San Diego; a classmate from his high school; an official at the University of California, Riverside, from which Holmes had graduated with a B.Sc. with honors; and a fellow Neuroscience Ph.D. student at the University of Colorado-Denver, from which Holmes had withdrawn just last month. Everyone of them described Holmes as “quiet” and a loner. Everyone of them expressed disbelief that Holmes could have perpetrated this horrific evil.
Name: James Eagan Holmes (note that the middle initial is E, not C!)
DOB: December 13, 1987 (which makes him 24 years old)
Address: 1690 Paris St, Apt 10, Aurora, CO 80010-2918
The “Doo Doo Economics Blog” reports that Colorado shooting suspect James Holmes is a former member of the Occupy San Diego group.
Mike Adams of Natural News makes some good observations and asks disturbing questions about James Holmes:
1. His behavior doesn’t add up: Holmes opened fire on innocent people but then calmly surrendered to police without resistance. This is not consistent with the idea of “killing everyone.” Then he admitted to police that his apartment was booby-trapped with explosives. If you were really an evil-minded Joker trying to kill people (including cops), why would you warn them about the booby trap in advance? It doesn’t add up. After his arrest, Holmes told police about “possible explosives” in his apartment. The police indeed discover the apartment is booby-trapped and evacuated surrounding buildings. None of this checks out. If you’re a killer bent on causing mayhem, why tell the police about your surprise bomb waiting for them back at your apartment?
2. Holmes was equipped to the gills with exotic gear: He wore a gas mask, a ballistic helmet and vest as well as leg, groin and throat protectors during the shooting. A rifle, two handguns, a knife, a bullet proof vest, a ballistic helmet, a gas device, a gas mask, military SWAT clothing and unidentified explosives were found in his car. Police say that his apartment contains sophisticated-looking devices — “something I’ve never seen.” In other words, Holmes was equipped with exotic gear by someone with connections to military equipment. SWAT clothing, explosives, complex booby-traps… This isn’t a “lone gunman.” This is somebody who was selected for a mission, given equipment to carry it out, then somehow brainwashed into getting it done.
3. The killing was carefully planned: This is not your run-of-the-mill crime of passion. It was a carefully planned, heavily funded and technically advanced attack. Who might be behind all this? The FBI, of course, which has a long history of setting up and staging similar attacks, then stopping them right before they happen. [Go to Adams' article for details.]
4. Holmes has no background: On top of all this, Holmes apparently has no background, other than a traffic ticket for speeding. “He’s not on anybody’s radar screen — nothing,” said a peace officer in a NYT article. “This guy is somewhat of an enigma. Nobody knows anything about him.”
5. Was Holmes involved in mind-altering neuroscience research?: His actions clearly show a strange detachment from reality, indicating he was not in his right mind. That can only typically be accomplished through drugs, hypnosis or trauma (and sometimes all three).
6. How does an unemployed medical student afford $20,000 in weapons gear?: A decent AR-15 rifle costs $1,000 or more all by itself. The shotgun and handgun might run another $800 total. Spare mags, sights, slings, and so on will run you at least another $1,000 across three firearms. The bullet-proof vest is easily another $800, and the cost of the bomb-making gear is anybody’s guess. With all the specialty body gear, ammunition, booby-trap devices and more, I’m guessing this is at least $20,000 in weapons and tactical gear, much of which is very difficult for civilians to get in the first place. The mere manufacture of an explosive booby-trap device is, all by itself, a felony crime. And remember, Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said Holmes’ apartment is booby-trapped with a “sophisticated” maze of flammable devices, which could take hours or days for authorities to disarm.
7. Where does an unemployed, introverted medical school student get the training to deploy sophisticated booby traps, tactical body armor, weapons systems and more? Certainly not in graduate school!
Mike Adams concludes:
“All this leads to an obvious third party influence over all this. Someone else taught this guy these skills and funded the acquisition of the equipment. Staged just in time for a vote on the UN small arms treaty?
More and more, this shooting is looking like a deliberate plot staged by the government itself much like Operation Fast and Furious pulled off by the ATF … which helped smuggle tens of thousands of guns into Mexico for the purpose of causing “gun violence” in the USA, then blaming the Second Amendment for it.
All this looks like James Holmes completed a “mission” and then calmly ended that mission by surrendering to police and admitting everything. The mission, as we are now learning, was to cause as much terror and mayhem as possible, then to have that multiplied by the national media at exactly the right time leading up the UN vote next week on a global small arms treaty that could result in gun confiscation across America.”
Who is Mohammad Alam?
Lastly, as if we need more mystery about James Holmes, here’s a doozie:
Yesterday, I woke up around 3 a.m. to the TV news of the Colorado shooting. I immediately began searching for news on the net, but found very little. Even Drudge Report had not yet posted links to the massacre.
In my search, I found a video on YouTube that has since been removed “by the user”:
The video was of a screen shot of KUSA-TV Channel 9 News in Colorado which initially reported the name and nationality of the shooter as Iranian born Mohammad Alam. The following entry was reportedly copied and pasted from the News 9 website early yesterday morning, which is now no longer on the Channel 9′s website. It is undetermined if this was a hoax or an erroneous report by News 9:
“AURORA – There is one suspect in custody after 14 people were shot and killed at the Century 16 Movie Theaters at the Aurora Town Center. There were at least 50 people injured to Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates. Oates says 10 died at the theater and four died at the area hospital. Nicole Williams, with Swedish Medical Center, says the hospital was alerted to a mass casualty incident at 1:15 a.m. Friday. Williams says the hospital was told to prepare for at least 20 patients. According to witnesses, the shooter kicked in the emergency exit door in theater 9, threw some sort of disorienting smoke bombs and started shooting. The captured shooter has been identified as Mohammad Alam, an Iranian immigrant. The identity of the other shooter is still unknown, Oates states. (KUSA-TV © 2012 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)”
Note that all the other details in the above report are correct, except for the name of the shooter.
I did a people search and found a Mohammed Alam, age 38, who lives in Aurora, Colorado.
Let the conspiracy theories begin!
H/t examiner.com and FOTM’s Miss May.
Click here to read my post on how the UN Arms Trade Treaty is about gun control. The treaty is scheduled for ratification in 6 days, on July 27, in New York.
See also my follow-up post, “Colorado mass murderer James Holmes has a small penis.”