Bob Woodward is a Washington Post investigative reporter and author, celebrated for his reporting, with Carl Bernstein, on the Nixon administration’s Watergate scandal.
To his credit, unlike the many Obama toadies in the media, Woodward has not refrained from criticizing the POS, most recently over Obama’s lie that “The sequester is not something that I’ve proposed. It is something that Congress has proposed.”
When Woodward contacted a White House official to warn that he would be publicly questioning Obama’s account of how the sequestration came about and the terms negotiated, the official (later identified as Obama’s economic advisor Gene Sperling) “yelled at [him] for about a half-hour”, and then made a vague threat, saying in a follow-up email that Woodward would “regret” publishing the report.
For reporting that thuggish threat, instead of supporting Woodward, his fellow journalists vilified him. Appearing on Current TV, reporter and Buzzfeed contributor Michael Hastings said: “There are people waiting for Woodward to die so they can dish stuff on him that they’re too afraid to say now.”
What we are witnessing is another instance of the viciousness of the Left. How dare Woodward betray his profession by criticizing The One?
Here’s an essay by Peter Hitchens (brother of the late Christopher Hitchens), asking why the Left are so vicious. Though Hitchens is referring to Leftwingers in the UK, what he says applies also to Leftwingers in the U.S. and across the world. Remember V.I. Lenin, Josef Stalin, Mao Zedong, Pol Pot, and the ongoing nightmare of North Korea.
By Peter Hitchens – Daily Mail – 23 February 2013
What is wrong with Left-wing people? Why are so many of them so filled with violent hatred of anyone who disagrees with them?
Why has so little attention been paid to the cruel, bloodstained words of John O’Farrell, the official Labour candidate in the Eastleigh by-election?
Mr O’Farrell, an alleged comedian, has not as far as I know repudiated or regretted a passage in a book he wrote at the age of 36, saying he wished Margaret Thatcher had died in the Brighton Bomb.
He said: ‘In October 1984 when the Brighton bomb went off, I felt a surge of excitement at the nearness of her demise and yet disappointment that such a chance had been missed.’
In case anyone had missed his point, he added later. ‘I just hated her so very, very much.’
I am not, as it happens, a great admirer of Lady Thatcher myself. And I’m not above a bit of invective and mockery against the politicians I actively despise.
But it is the hate-filled violence of this passage that strikes me. What kind of person can write this, and then not cross it out in embarrassment?
This is not the only example of this sort of thing last week. The BBC has for many years tolerated a radio programme called ‘The News Quiz’ on which sniggering fun-revolutionaries (at your expense) are paid to amuse a sniggering Left-wing studio audience with babyish jests, under the guidance of a self-satisfied chairwoman who thinks she is cleverer than she is.
On a recent edition, a purported comedian referred to the Education Secretary, Michael Gove, as ‘a foetus in a jar’.
This was the cue for an exchange in which Mr Gove was (very falsely) described as being friendless (I count him as a friend, though I disagree with him strongly, and so do many others in politics and journalism), and then as having ‘a face that makes even the most pacifist of people reach for the shovel in anticipation of reshaping it’.
A sole Tory panellist, serving as a figleaf for the programme’s blatant bias, was swiftly brushed aside when he tried to defend Mr Gove. The BBC’s attempt to defend this malicious tripe is so wretched that I will do them a favour and not reproduce it.
In my experience, nasty, bullying people often attempt to disguise their true feelings as ‘jokes’. So there it is, the modern Left displayed – a parliamentary candidate who publicly wished for the hideous, violent death of a woman, and is not ashamed, and a BBC programme that publicly discusses smashing a man’s face with a shovel.
Both of these are supposedly jokes. But they are not. They are a symptom of a raging sickness of the soul that has the modern Left in its grip. They are so sure that they are right that they no longer think their opponents are human.
That way lie the torture cellar, the re-education camp and the firing squad, as the Left proves every time it gets enough power to show what it is really like. It’s not funny.
See also these FOTM’s posts on the vicious Left:
- “Singer Harry Belafonte tells Obama to imprison political opponents,” Dec. 13, 2012.
- “Democrat ad shows Romney supporters being beheaded,” Nov. 4, 2012.
- “97-y-o woman: “We’ll burn this motherfucker down” if Romney’s elected,” Oct. 30, 2012.
- “The Left threaten to riot and assassinate Romney,” Oct. 18, 2012.
- “Democrats launch violent attacks against Conservatives’ free speech,” Oct. 9, 2012.
- “DNC delegate threatens to kill Romney,” Sept. 6, 2012.
- “‘Tolerant’ liberals wish death for 6-year-old boy,” Aug. 3, 2012.
- “Roseanne Barr wishes cancer on Chick-fil-A patrons,” July 28, 2012.
- “Pro-wrestler to traditional marriage supporters: “kill yourself”,” May 10, 2012.
- “Black minister to Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker: We’ll cut your head off,” April 22, 2012.
- “Police arrest Obama supporter for online death threats against Sheriff Arpaio,” Feb. 10, 2012.
- “Eva Longoria Calls Obama’s Critics “Dangerous Extremists,” Sept 29, 2011.
- “Democrat Politician Says All Republicans Should Be Jailed,” Sept 21, 2011.
- “Evil Video Game Wants Players to Kill Conservatives,” September 7, 2011.
- “Deranged Democrat Threatens a Constituent,” June 15, 2011.
- “Liberal Comedian ‘Jokes’ About Assassinating Sarah Palin,” June 8, 2011.
- “Liberals Wish Death for Sarah Palin,” January 15, 2011.
- “Death Threats by Leading Libs and Democrats,” January 12, 2011.
- “Birthers Receive Death Threats,” January 12, 2011.
- “John Cusack Wishes Satanic Death on Fox and Republicans,” October 12, 2010.
- “Death Threats Against Conservatives,” August 28, 2010.
- “MSNBC Host Wants Republicans Shoved Into Dirthole,”July 16, 2010.
- “The Murderous Mind of the Radical Left,” June 18, 2010.
- “Democrat Congressman Assaults Student,” June 14, 2010.
- “Union Organizer Slugs Tea Partier,” June 11, 2010.
- “Woody Allen Wants Obama to be Dictator,” May 18, 2010.
- “Left-wing Violence,” May 4, 2010.
- “ACORN CEO Calls for Immigration Race War,” April 24, 2010.