In an op/ed, New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan chastises Donald Trump and Americans who have problems with illegal immigration and illegals who commit heinous crimes of rape and murder, calling us “nativists.”
- Sex offender who illegally crossed border from Canada arrested for burglary, rape
- Illegal immigrant ordered freed by feds now suspected of murder in Ohio
- Man with 7 felons and deported 5 times kills woman in San Francisco
- Twice-deported illegal ‘immigrant’ kills two deputies
The Oxford English Dictionary defines “nativism” as “The policy of protecting the interests of native-born or established inhabitants against those of immigrants.” In his op/ed, Dolan calls “nativism” an “ugly phenomenon,” and “nativists” as those “who see the unwashed, ignorant, bothersome brood as criminals and misfits who threaten ‘pure America,’ and are toxic to everything decent in the United States.”
“[Nativism] flourished in our country during the 1840s and 1850s — actually becoming a popular political party, the Know-Nothings — and appeared again, in the 1870s, as the American Protective Association; in the 1920s, as the KKK; and during post-World War II America, as Protestants and Other Americans United for Separation of Church and State.
These nativists believed the immigrant to be dangerous, and that America was better off without them. All these poor degenerates did, according to the nativists, was to dilute the clean, virtuous, upright citizenry of God-fearing true Americans.”
Dolan continues, referring to “those happy days decades ago” when he taught American religious history to university students:
“I made the point to my students that nativism never really did disappear completely, but was a continual virulent strain in the American psyche, which would probably sadly show up again.
This point my students would not buy. ‘Father Dolan,’ they would say, ‘there’s no denying that this bigotry was there in our past. But, come on! Who could ever believe now that immigrants are dirty, drunken, irresponsible, dangerous threats to clean, white, Protestant, Anglo-Saxon America! Those days are gone.’
I wish I were in the college classroom again, so I could roll out my ‘Trump card’ to show the students that I was right. Nativism is alive, well — and apparently popular!“
After slyly bashing Donald Trump — and by extension Trump’s supporters — with his “Trump card” reference, Dolan turns coy, insisting that “I am not in the business of telling people what candidates they should support or who deserves their vote.”
Then, this cardinal who lives in the lap of luxury (see below) goes all better-than-thou sanctimonious:
“But as a Catholic, I take seriously the Bible’s teaching that we are to welcome the stranger, one of the most frequently mentioned moral imperatives in both the Old and New Testament.”
Dolan, who once taught in a university, can’t seem to distinguish between LEGAL immigrants to the United States and ILLEGAL aliens who:
- Disrespect this country’s laws and borders;
- Make a mockery of millions of people across the world who actually respect our laws by applying to immigrate here;
- Force taxpayers to pay for their welfare, medical care and education (k-12 and college!)
Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York leads the pack of Catholic archbishops and bishops who live in palatial mansions.
Dolan lives in a 15,000-square-foot mansion (below) on Madison Avenue in in one of the priciest corridors of Manhattan. The mansion reportedly is filled with thick red carpets and priceless antiques, and is estimated to be worth at least $30 million. Dolan shares the mansion with three other priests. (See “Pope Francis calls again for wealth redistribution, while U.S. archbishops live in palatial homes”)
Just four men live in a swanky mansion of 15 thousand sq. feet!
Hey, Dolan, let’s see you “take seriously the Bible’s teaching that we are to welcome the stranger” by sharing those 15,000 sq. ft. with illegal “immigrants”.
I dare you.
This is the same Archbishop Timothy Dolan who led this year’s New York St. Patrick’s Day parade as its Grand Marshal, despite the participation of a homosexual activist group, Out@NBCUniversal, and despite the parade’s rejection of an application from the pro-life adoption group Children First Foundation.
Contact info. for Cardinal Timothy Dolan:
1011 First Ave
New York, NY 10022
- Collusion of Church & State in Invasion of Illegals
- Majority of illegal (and legal) immigrants are on welfare
- Crime Does Pay: Illegals With Three Kids Will Collect $35,000
- Massachusetts showers illegals with $35M in health care, meds, physical therapy
- Obama’s amnesty: Illegals to take over America by creating ‘a country within a country’
- 190 U.S. cities are hosts to immigrant ‘seedlings’ to create ‘a country within a country’
- College students would renounce U.S. citizenship for illegals’ low tuition
- Illegal Aliens Attack Newspaper for Calling Them Illegal
- Party of Lawlessness: 53% of Democrats say illegal immigrants should be allowed to vote
- 70% of Americans oppose amnesty for illegals