Category Archives: Insanity

Another deadly weekend in Chicago: Gangbanger kills 9 year old boy

2 killed, 26 others shot since Friday night

Antonio Smith

Antonio Smith

SunTimes: A gangbanger on parole for a gun charge shot a 9-year-old boy as he searched for rival gang members, then fled and told his friends he “shot a shorty,” prosecutors said Saturday.

Allmon

Allmon

Derrick Allmon, 19, of the 7400 block of South Shore Drive, was denied bail Saturday, along with three others charged with him: Jabari Williams, 22, of the 1900 block of North Sycamore Street, Hanover Park; Michael Baker, 19, of the 8100 block of South Wentworth Avenue; and Paris Denard, 19, of the 7300 block of South Dorchester Avenue.

All are charged with murder in the Aug. 20 shooting death of 9-year-old Antonio Smith in the 1200 block of East 71st Street.

Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said Friday that Allmon shot the boy because he thought he was warning the rival gang members Allmon was after.

He said Allmon shot the boy after Antonio said a single word: “Hey.” Antonio was shot six times — in the chest, forearm, back, shoulder and hand.

Baker

Baker

Allmon then threw his gun in a sewer and ran, according to police and prosecutors. In court Saturday, authorities said Baker picked up Allmon and drove him to Denard’s house, telling Baker in the car: “I just hit a shorty. I just hit a shorty.”

He also told Denard and others he had just shot and killed a child, prosecutors said.

At Denard’s house, Allmon urinated on his hands to try to get rid of the gunshot residue, then changed his shirt before returning home to check in with electronic monitoring. The shooting happened around 4 p.m. Under the terms of his parole, Allmon was allowed to leave home between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., prosecutors said.

Denard

Denard

Authorities said the four had left Denard’s home earlier that day in two cars, going out in search of rival gang members, with Baker and Denard driving. Both drivers stopped when they spotted two rivals, authorities said, then Williams handed Allmon the gun and told him how to follow them into a back yard.

All four have given statements to the police admitting their involvement in the murder, according to prosecutors, who said the gun was found Thursday after Allmon revealed its location to police. It was tested by the Illinois State Police and found to be the murder weapon, prosecutors said.

Surveillance videos showed the suspects’ two cars in the area, they said.

Williams

Williams

Allmon, Williams and Denard have criminal convictions, according to prosecutors. Allmon was sentenced to three years in prison for aggravated unlawful use of a weapon by a gang member and released on parole on Aug. 1.

Williams has two misdemeanor battery convictions.

Denard, convicted of possessing a gun as a juvenile, was also on parole at the time of Antonio’s killing.

See also:

 

DCG

Coming Soon to a Theater Near You

In the 60’s and 70’s, we had several well-received realistic horror movies: The Exorcist, Rosemary’s Baby, etc. Made by veteran craftsman, these movies were not the make-believe fables that many thought them to be, but rather honest portrayals of very real demonic possession.

The 80’s and 90’s followed with a slew of low-budget, over-the-top slasher movies: Halloween (and its sequels), Friday the 13th (and its sequels), etc. Made independently by young casts and crews looking to break into the business, these movies were taken for what they were, mindless driven aimed at the pot-smoking high school and college crowds.

Today, we have an onslaught of slickly made, big-budget horror spectacles made by autonomous corporations, as seen on the posters below. The casts and crews of these “new” horror movies all appear to be either members of, or at least highly influenced by, the satan-worshipping illuminati. These movies are not intended as entertainment. They are meant to indoctrinate a new generation into the satanically possessed new world order. The same new world order being promoted by the United Nations and the Democratic Party.

image

image

image

image

Ebola Coming to a Town Near You? Our Illustrious Comrade Dear Ruler Sending 3000 Troops to the Center of Ebola Hell

obama_ebola

No, the little spineless Kenyan coward refuses to put boots on the ground to eradicate the ISIS cancer that is currently devouring large swaths of the Middle East, but he seems to have no problem exposing 3000 of our bravest to the most deadly disease in recent history.

Via  dailymail.co.uk:

By David Martosko, Us Political Editor for MailOnline

Published: 23:01 EST, 15 September 2014 | Updated: 23:07 EST, 15 September 2014

The United States government is sending thousands of military troops to the west African nation of Liberia as part of the Obama administration’s Ebola virus-response strategy, the White House said late Monday night.

‘U.S. Africa Command will set up a Joint Force Command headquartered in Monrovia, Liberia, to provide regional command and control support to U.S. military activities and facilitate coordination with U.S. government and international relief efforts,’ a statement from the White House press office said.

‘A general from U.S. Army Africa, the Army component of U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM), will lead this effort, which will involve an estimated 3,000 U.S. forces.’

Liberia is the hardest-hit of the four west African nations that have confirmed Ebola cases, accounting for more than one-half of the fatalities. The others are Sierra Leone, Guinea and, to a lesser extent, Nigeria.

You will find the rest at this link.

—————————————-

I wonder how many of these soldiers are going to return home and ultimately infect their family members and friends?

Somehow I don’t much think the POtuS gives a damn.

-Dave

(h/t: Drudge)

College abandons traditional applications, transcripts and test scores are ‘all about privilege and wealth’

white privilege

Campus Reform: A liberal arts college in Maryland is forgoing the traditional application process as it is “all about privilege and wealth.”

According to José A. Bowen, president of Goucher College, college acceptance is no longer based on merit or academic success in high school. Beginning next year, Goucher will become the first college in the nation to offer students the opportunity to simply submit a two-minute video as the main part of the application process, which will still require the same monetary fee as the traditional application.

“Access to higher education should be about potential and not just previous achievement,” Bowen said in a press release.

In their admissions videos, students will explain in two minutes how they will thrive and fit in at Goucher. Students will submit videos through the newly created Goucher Video App (GVA) and will still be required to sign a statement of academic integrity, submit two works (one of which must be a graded assignment) from high school, and pay a $55 application fee.

“There is an inherent risk admitting students without seeing prior high school course history,” Christopher Wild, an admissions counselor at Goucher told Campus Reform. “However, the GVA does include a graded writing sample…and additional work from the high school.”

Wild also said that as Goucher classes are different from high school classes—Goucher classes apparently require students to “analyze” whereas high school simply tests how well students can “regurgitate content”—the graded writing sample will be enough to determine a student’s preparedness for the school.

“With the graded writing sample, we will be able to determine a student’s preparedness for a Goucher classroom,” Wild said.

The Common Application process, which allows students submit high school transcripts and letters of recommendation from advisors and teachers, is still an option. That application fee is also $55.

However, Bowen says that sometimes the Common Application process can be too confusing or discouraging.

“For most Americans, applying to college is a giant mystery,” Bowen told The Washington Post. “The whole system is broken. Nobody thinks this is a good thing. It’s very high-stress. It’s all about privilege and wealth. I’m convinced we are leaving talent on the table in this country because the process is so complicated and stressful. I want to level the playing field.”

According to the college, Goucher has been “test-optional” since 2007, meaning applying students were not required to submit either SAT or ACT scores.

Students applying to Goucher via video are still eligible for need-based financial aid. Students who wish to be considered for merit scholarships will still need to submit a high school transcript with the option of submitting SAT or ACT test scores.

Video applications will be judged on the “thoughtfulness of the student’s response,” the press release states. Wild confirmed to Campus Reform that the new application will not affect staffing, but will be a “new process” for Goucher staff to learn.

Goucher College, located north of Baltimore, was also the first college to require undergraduate students to study abroad.

Last year, Goucher was home to around 1,450 undergraduate students. It admitted 72 percent of its undergraduate applicants.

Video essay? Hey, that worked for Elle Woods (despite her white privilege)!

DCG

Army officer is told not to enter his daughter’s high school because he’s wearing his uniform

soldier

MyFoxDetroit: Lieutenant Colonel Sherwood Baker says he is just a father who was trying to help his daughter find her way at her new high school.

Sherwood, who has served in the Army for 24 years, was told by Rochester Adams High School security that if he wanted to get into the school with his daughter he was going to have to go home and change his clothes.

Baker’s wife Rachel Ferhadson says, “Before he was allowed in, the security guard stopped him and said sorry you’re not allowed in the school. Security told him men and women in uniform weren’t allowed because it may offend another student.

Baker says he was simply coming to the school to speak with his daughter’s counselor regarding her class schedule but was turned away at the doors because he was not wearing a tie.

Rochester Schools superintendent Robert Shaner, who is a veteran himself, quickly took care of the situation apologizing to the family for their troubles.

Shaner sent a letter to Fox 2 which says: “The district has apologized for any perception that individuals in uniform are not welcome in the school. The district does not have a policy excluding individuals in uniform and will be working with administration and the firm that handles our security to make sure district policies are understood and communicated accurately.”

The Baker family has scheduled a meeting with the principal of Rochester Adams High School in the coming days.

From 7online: “They told him some kids might not understand and might be offended. So they gave him a choice, told him he could phone in to the office or go home and change his clothes,” said Ferhadson. Baker was told of the same policy by four individual staff members at the school.

If high school kids don’t understand what it means to wear a uniform and a special snowflake might be offended, you have a serious problem in your education system (as if we already didn’t know that).

homeschool

DCG

People of Walmart: The end days edition

There’s a website called peopleofwalmart.com, to which readers can send — and get published — candid photos they’ve taken of odd-looking shoppers in various Wal-Marts across the U.S.

Periodically I go on the website to cull pictures for my “People of Walmart” posts on FOTM (scroll down to bottom of this post for our collection). I do them as a way to chronicle how Americans have lost our sense of self-respect and propriety. Too many of us don’t make even a minimum effort at pulling ourselves together before we go out of our homes, but instead parade our slovenly appearances for the world to see.

I haven’t done a “People of Walmart” post for a while, so I went on the website to trawl for some pics.

That’s when I saw The Ultimate “People of Walmart” pic.

WARNING:

Eye Bleach Alert! Eye Bleach Alert!

What’s seen can NEVER EVER be unseen!

You are forewarned!!!

 

 

WalmartSource

See also FOTM’s other “People of Walmart” posts:

~Eowyn

Seattle tax dollars at work: New protected bike lane in downtown

How the City sold it: “This new facility will more safely connect Pike Place Market to Pioneer Square for people biking. Protected bike lanes are especially attractive to people who might be willing to bicycle but are concerned about safety. The City Council prioritized the design and implementation of a safe network in Center City for people of all ages and abilities. The bike signals will let cyclists know when to move and the left turn signals for eastbound streets will alert drivers when they can safely move through the intersection. This could be a game changing project to help Seattle better understand how to build and operate great protected bike lanes. Reduce conflicts of left turning vehicles and people biking and walking.

Watch this video and: 1) note how many cyclists are using the bike lane and 2) see if you can decipher the traffic lights on the left hand side.

The report on the day the bike lane opened: New, protected bicycle lanes opened through Downtown Seattle on Monday, realizing a long-awaited goal for cyclists who previously had to endure a dangerous route.  They opened Monday morning, providing a separation from traffic for cyclists going both directions between Pike Place Market and Pioneer Square.

The Seattle Department of Transportation said that for the next couple of days it will have ambassadors wearing vests out on the street helping people understand how the bike lanes work.

At Second and University, flowers and mementos still stand in honor of bicyclist Sher Kung.   The 31-year-old attorney and new mother was killed more than a week ago when she was struck when a truck turned into her, less than two weeks before the new bike lanes opened.

Cyclists say it’s about time the new, improved lanes are installed. “I think it’s long overdue. People have gotten killed. I bike this street all the time and it’s one of the most dangerous streets in the city and it’s because cars have to go around in front of you. It’s terrible.  So yes, it absolutely has to happen,” said bicyclist Jan Campbell.

On the first day, KIRO 7 found considerable confusion among drivers using the new left turn laneParking is allowed in parts of the turn lane during the day, resulting in drivers trying to turn unknowingly backing up behind empty, parked cars. “I think it’s ridiculous. I couldn’t even imagine that, so I’m sitting behind parked cars,” said driver Harvey Rosene, when KIRO 7 alerted him to the parked cars in front.

We also noticed drivers and cyclists running red lights on the first day. The new system includes separate lights for cyclists, drivers going straight and those turning.

An SDOT spokesman said a period of adjustment is always to be expected with a new traffic configuration. He said traffic engineers would watch how the revamped street is working and, if necessary, make changes.

Total cost? $1.2 to $1.5 million and is being paid for using Bicycle Master Plan Implementation funds. The estimate includes design, outreach, infrastructure, construction and contingency funds.

Good job Seattle!

DCG