CBS Sacramento: A bill that passed the Assembly with unanimous bipartisan support Thursday encourages California schools to teach students about the racial significance of Barack Obama’s presidency.
The Assembly approved AB1912 with a 71-0 vote and no debate or discussion. It now heads to the state Senate.
The bill by Assemblyman Chris Holden, D-Pasadena, asks state education officials to include Obama’s election in history and social studies standards laying out what students are expected to learn.
High school history students already learn about recent presidents. But Holden says lessons about Obama also should focus on what his election meant for racial equality and civil rights.
He said on the Assembly floor that the 2008 election “should not just be a mere footnote within textbooks, but rather focus on the significance of Americans overcoming our nation’s past and acknowledging that Americans are moving in the right direction.”
The bill says the election was a “historic step in the effort towards equality in the United States” and that previous elections in the nation involved intimidation and physical violence that prevented millions of African-Americans from voting. It also commends Obama for his work as a community organizer who registered voters after he graduated from Harvard Law School.
The state Board of Education is expected to update academic standards during the 2015-16 school year and does not have to follow lawmakers’ recommendations. Textbooks could be updated within five years, likely after Obama leaves office.
The state hasn’t updated its guidelines for teaching social studies classes since 2005. A 2009 effort was cancelled because of limited money.
The state education department must first finish guidelines for schools to implement rigorous new expectations for math and language arts under Common Core State Standards before addressing social studies.
I wonder if the new textbooks will cover these topics?
“What his election meant for racial equality”
- Only 1 in 10 Americans think race relations have improved under Obama
- Majority of D.C. hate crimes are black-on-white
- Hundreds of Obama’s sons & daughters riot in Ft. Lauderdale
- Hundreds of Obama’s sons and daughters fight in downtown Berkeley
- Charged $0.20 for a cup of water, black woman goes postal about slavery and racism
- Rev. Manning: Obama has produced more racism in America than 200 years of slavery
- 200 sons of Obama riot in Louisville, Kentucky
- Taxpayer-funded college brings back segregation: “This space is not for white people”
- Mob of black teens assault white disabled Army vet
- Obama Blames His Falling Approval Ratings on Racism
- New Black Panthers call for killing all white people
- President Lucifer’s DHS Employee Calls for Genocide Against Whites
- See more here.
“Americans are moving in the right direction”
- US National record debt
- What economic recovery? 1,000+ line up for free food in Miami
- Hope and change: Part-time workers find full-time jobs elusive
- U.S. debt balloons to $7 TRILLION more than it was when Obama took office
- New poll says majority of Americans regret reelecting Obama
- Americans are getting poorer, but Obama means to overwhelm welfare state with amnesty for 5M illegals
- IMF: No economic recovery until after Obama leaves office
- The Obama Economy: America’s GDP shrank nearly 3%
- More than half of Americans can’t afford their rent or mortgage
- U.S. economy is not recovering. It’s SHRINKING
- Health insurance executives say tens of millions *more* Americans will lose their health plans
- More Than 92 Million Americans Remain Out Of Labor Force
- See more here.
“Intimidation and physical violence that prevented millions of African-Americans from voting”
- AG Eric Holder Won’t Prosecute New Black Panthers ‘Cause They’re “His People”
- MASSIVE 2012 VOTER FRAUD: 35,750 with same name & DOB voted in 2 states
- 22 signs of Democrat Voter Fraud in 2012 Election
- Democrat voter fraud
- O’Keefe exposes voter fraud in Vermont
- Election fraud: 44,000 are registered to vote in BOTH Virginia & Maryland
- The dead can vote in NYC
- Obama poll worker and feminist nun charged with 2012 vote fraud in Ohio
- Obama 2012 campaign conspired to register 11,000 in NC against state law
- Thousands of U.S. military votes uncounted or missing
- 99% of Philadelphia wards voted for Obama!
- More election fraud and illegalities by Democrats
- See more here
May I suggest a textbook cover?