LOL – And that is as far as I am going with this one. :-D
LOL – And that is as far as I am going with this one. :-D
By Paul Bedard | October 1, 2014 | 10:58 am
Former President Jimmy Carter claimed Wednesday that he would have been re-elected and beaten Ronald Reagan in 1980 if had been more “manly” in his dealings with Iran.
Interviewed by the show “CNBC Meets,” Carter repeated his belief that the failed mission to free American hostages held in Tehran killed his chances, but then added that had he gone to war, America would have rewarded him with a second term in 1980.
“I could’ve been re-elected if I’d taken military action against Iran, shown that I was strong and resolute and, um, manly and so forth,” said the former president, who has established himself as a world human rights leader.
“I could have wiped Iran off the map with the weapons that we had, but in the process a lot of innocent people would have been killed, probably including the hostages and so I stood up against all that all that advice, and then eventually my prayers were answered and every hostage came home safe and free. And so I think I made the right decision in retrospect, but it was not easy at the time,” he said, according to a transcript provided to Secrets.
Interviewed with his wife, Carter said he also had to ignore Rosalynn’s pleadings to “do something.”
In the end, she said that she was proud of her husband. “Peace is very difficult. War is popular in our country,” said Mrs. Carter.
Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner’s “Washington Secrets” columnist, can be contacted at email@example.com.
This story was originally posted here.
Today just happens to be Jihad Jimmy’s 90th birthday.
He is also the longest surviving ex-president in history.
No, the little spineless Kenyan coward refuses to put boots on the ground to eradicate the ISIS cancer that is currently devouring large swaths of the Middle East, but he seems to have no problem exposing 3000 of our bravest to the most deadly disease in recent history.
Published: 23:01 EST, 15 September 2014 | Updated: 23:07 EST, 15 September 2014
The United States government is sending thousands of military troops to the west African nation of Liberia as part of the Obama administration’s Ebola virus-response strategy, the White House said late Monday night.
‘U.S. Africa Command will set up a Joint Force Command headquartered in Monrovia, Liberia, to provide regional command and control support to U.S. military activities and facilitate coordination with U.S. government and international relief efforts,’ a statement from the White House press office said.
‘A general from U.S. Army Africa, the Army component of U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM), will lead this effort, which will involve an estimated 3,000 U.S. forces.’
Liberia is the hardest-hit of the four west African nations that have confirmed Ebola cases, accounting for more than one-half of the fatalities. The others are Sierra Leone, Guinea and, to a lesser extent, Nigeria.
You will find the rest at this link.
I wonder how many of these soldiers are going to return home and ultimately infect their family members and friends?
Somehow I don’t much think the POtuS gives a damn.
This was the same Jimmy Carter that was run out of office in one of the most lop-sided elections in the history of…elections, yet actually said this about the Kenyan Boy Blunder currently occupying the domicile at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
You can read all about it here: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/02/epic-fail-now-jimmy-carter-is-calling-obama-an-incompetent-loser/.*
LOL – I sure hope Jimmy Earl has his taxes paid up – well beyond what he actually owed.
Somewhere in Hell, there is a blizzard brewing.
(h/t: My buddy Earl)
*Note: I was recently stupid enough to perform software updates on my browser and my security software at the same time, and they are both giving me fits at the moment.
According to the solicitation, the Dept. of Agriculture wants the guns to have an “ambidextrous safety, semiautomatic or 2 round [bursts] trigger group, Tritium night sights front and rear, rails for attachment of flashlight (front under fore group) and scope (top rear), stock collapsible or folding,” and a “30 rd. capacity” magazine.
They also want the submachine guns to have a “sling,” be “lightweight,” and have an “oversized trigger guard for gloved operation.”
The solicitation directs “all responsible and/or interested sources…[to] submit their company name, point of contact, and telephone.” Companies that submit information in a “timely” fashion “shall be considered by the agency for contact to determine weapon suitability.”
I started to title this post as a “Funny,” but the more I thought about it, the less funny it became.
Then I got mad.
God only knows exactly how much money (not to mention other people’s time) is wasted every year due to frivolous litigation in this country, as there is some legitimate disagreement in this area, but I am willing to bet it is in the Billions.
-And a lot of it eventually ends up coming out of our pockets, too.
(KATU) A Washougal woman is suing the owner of a pet duck in Estacada, Ore.
Cynthia Ruddell claims Lolita Rose’s duck attacked her after it wandered down the street.
Ruddell’s attorney, Gregory Price, told KATU, “… The duck flapped its wings at her and knocked her back and she fell down on an outstretched hand and fractured her wrist in two spots.”
The incident happened May 7, 2012. Ruddell broke her right wrist, sprained or strained her elbow and shoulder, and suffered a rotator cuff injury.
The lawsuit claims Rose knew the duck had, “Abnormally dangerous propensities in attacking people.”
Rose is accused of “needlessly endangering the public” because she didn’t keep the duck contained and didn’t warn neighbors about the danger.
“We had neighbors that indicated this duck was a crazy duck that attacked kids at the school bus stop and other people before,” Price told KATU.
The suit seeks $25,000 for medical expenses and $250,000 for her pain, her suffering and the interference her injuries have had on her normal, daily activities.
Ruddell and Rose both declined to comment on the lawsuit.
Price told KATU he hopes to settle the lawsuit out of court within the next 60 days.
Are you kidding me?
Had that duck attacked me, this would have been the result:
And no barristers, belligerent or otherwise, would be required.
Below is a PR photo of Obama’s press secretary Jay Carney’s kitchen:
But if you want to skip the malarkey and get down to brass tacks, take a close look at this: