I had prepared a draft of this post back on October 27, 2012 — mere days before the all-important November 6 elections. But my source was adamant that FOTM shouldn’t publish it because it would “frighten” the American people. I very much disagreed with his stance (my reason is below in red), but acceded to his wish.
Now that even the Left are talking about the Obama regime instigating martial law (see TrailDust’s post “Warnings from the Left and the Right about Obama’s plans martial law), I see no reason why I should hold back this post. (Besides, I am no longer on speaking terms with the source because, once again, he wanted to withhold the truth about another matter from our readers.) Here is my post, as I had written it on Oct. 27 last year.
FOTM has an unspoken policy not to traffic in unsubstantiated rumors. But I decided to do this post because I believe the importance of the subject matter warrants countervening that policy.
The rumor is that some in the Obama regime are making preparations for martial law. If such a plan indeed is being hatched, exposure of the plan to public knowledge can act as a deterrent, much as sunlight has a salubrious disinfectant effect on toxic bacteria.
Here’s the rumor. A trusted friend of FOTM received this email from “Joe,” a former U.S. Marine. Here’s Joe’s email, dated Oct. 18, 2012:
Stopped at the new Mo rest area on IH44 this PM. There was a 18 wheeler loaded with big signs. On my way back from the whiz room, took a look at the signs about 8′ x 10′. I could not believe what I was reading:
“WARNING CITY CLOSED
Alas, Joe did not take a picture of the signs, probably because he didn’t have a camera handy.
So I went scouring the Internet searching for any report that others also have seen the signs. All I could find was an assertion that “Martial Law” signs were seen in Utah in June or July 2012.
The claim was made on the Drake Blog Radio Show of July 4, 2012. In the audio below, beginning at the 15:10 mark, Drake Bailey said that “a few days ago” a military truck wrecked in the woods in Utah. The people who came to help saw that the truck was packed with cargo that included signs that said “Bank Closed” and “Martial Law,” as well as “paperwork” that says the signs are to be “put out” in October, right before the election.
When we put these sightings of “Martial Law” signs in the context of the posts FOTM have done on military drills with Black Hawk helicopters over urban cities, the DHS arming itself to the teeth with armored vehicles, battle rifles, and hollow-point bullets, etc. (see below), speculations and rumors about an Obama martial law no longer seem so far-fetched.
- “Military drills frighten residents of Miami and Houston,” Jan. 29, 2013.
- “Heavily-armored DHS vehicles seen on road,” Sept. 20, 2012.
- “DHS adds high-powered battle rifles to its arsenal,” July 20, 2012.
- “Ben Swann: Obama Demanded Power of Indefinite Detention,” Nov. 29, 2012.
- “Pentagon: Protests are ‘low level terrorism’,” Jan. 22, 2013.
- “West Point study demonizes “far right” as terrorists,” Jan. 19, 2013.
- “US Army targets Tea Party movement as extremists in 2016 civil war scenario,” Aug. 16, 2012.
- “US Army has a Field Manual on Civilian Internment,” May 8, 2012.
- “U.S. County Sheriffs say “no” to Obama gun control,” Jan. 22, 2013.
- “Delaware leads nationwide move to strip county sheriffs of power,” Jan. 31, 2013.
- “Obama’s Blue Shirts: Homeland Security graduates 1st class of FEMA Youth Corps,” Oct. 20, 2012.